RE: [EaglersNests] Re: wing tips

  • Leonard Milholland
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2011
      Hi Bob,
       what did you do the the engine??  Leonard
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 2, 2011
        In my attempts to "smooth-out" the '03 engine, I first attempted to change the float valves from the 28mm carbs (Gravity Feed) to the 30mm carbs, during removal of the valves from the 30's I found large 'flakes' of foriegn material on their tops obstructing the obsructing the oriface!  I cleaned and flushed the fuel system. The 28 float valves were too small so dint get to try by-passing the fuel pump. I also replaced the rubber engine mounts and torqued them all down equally firm. This, and the Balance Master tamed all the vibration problems I was having!

        I had also borrowed a Dynamic Balancer and attached to the engine. First removing the BM and running showed a very erratic RPM on the tach (Laser Photo Tach) so could not get a steady RPM reading static. but there was no significant amount of IPS reading so assumed the engine/prop were not far enough out of balance to go any further but replaced the BM and tried again. Still no IPS reading so said the 'heck with it', removed the test equipment and went ahead and flew 'Got-r-Dun' as I was not having any problems with the engine cutting out any longer on the ground. Made a few 'Crow Hops' at about 5-10' AGL the length of our runway. Still no cutting out. Replaced the "Cups" on the carbs. Again, another 'Crow Hop' with no problems. Taxiied back to the end and flew her! No Problems!  T/O @ 3200 rpm gave a nice ROC and throttling back to 3000 gave a nice 40-45 airspeed cruise. BTW, the mini-tach is very steady in the air!

        I am a happy Legal Eagle flyer again!

        Thanks to all who offered suggestions off the group. I appreciated all suggestions and tested all that were given.

        Now waiting for more 5 - 10mph SE wind days!

        Bob Severance
        LEU #64H
        'Got-r-Dun'
         what did you do the the engine??  Leonard
        to save weight I just used small wood screws. On the top/center closure I used the little blocks of plywood and drilled out for a small piece of the plastic tube from my oil pressure line CA'd in place then used sheet-metal screws.. the little plastic sleeves act like a Ny-Lock for the screws. IF I should have to remove the tips I will install the little 1/4-3/8" piece of plastic oil pressure lines.

        Bob Severance
        LEU #64H

        I made two nice laps around the field Thursday, 12/30.... Engine ran GREAT. See my Photo File for how I attached the breather cups over the 30mm Mikuni's

        --- In EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom, Sam Buchanan <sbuc@...> wrote:

        > Same here, only I used threaded brass inserts. Countersunk stainless
        > screws with countersunk washers will secure the wing tips. Same as used
        > on the floorboard:
        >
        > http://eaglexl-58.com/floor-2.jpg
        >
        > I also glued 1/4 ply blocks inside the root rib sheeting for the root
        > fairing screws.
        >
        > http://eaglexl-58.com/wing-34.jpg
        >
        > Sam
        >
        > http://eaglexl-58.com
        >
        > ========================
        >
        > On 12/30/2010 7:26 PM, Carl Bogardus wrote:
        > > We put little 1/4" ply blocks in the tip rib, drilled them and added
        > > 10-32 T-nuts, (as modelers call them), which are blind wood nuts. We
        > > used standard hardware T-nuts, the modelers use ones that have slightly
        > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
        > >
        > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
        > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
        > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
        > > progressively getting bigger.
        > >
        > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
        > >
        > > Carl
        > >
        > > See Figure 22 & 23
        > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
        > >

        > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
        > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
        > >

        > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
        > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
        > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
        > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
        > >
        > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
        > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars
        > > thanks william

      • Leonard Milholland
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 2, 2011
          Hi Bob,
           Thanks for the heads up on the engine.  I had no trouble with it on the test stand and couldn't figure why you were.  Oh by the way those carbs are 32 mm.  Are you going to rebuild your old engine ?  I think you should have had more air speed??  Glad you found the trouble.  Leonard

           what did you do the the engine??  Leonard
          to save weight I just used small wood screws. On the top/center closure I used the little blocks of plywood and drilled out for a small piece of the plastic tube from my oil pressure line CA'd in place then used sheet-metal screws.. the little plastic sleeves act like a Ny-Lock for the screws. IF I should have to remove the tips I will install the little 1/4-3/8" piece of plastic oil pressure lines.

          Bob Severance
          LEU #64H

          I made two nice laps around the field Thursday, 12/30.... Engine ran GREAT. See my Photo File for how I attached the breather cups over the 30mm Mikuni's

          --- In EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom, Sam Buchanan <sbuc@...> wrote:

          > Same here, only I used threaded brass inserts. Countersunk stainless
          > screws with countersunk washers will secure the wing tips. Same as used
          > on the floorboard:
          >
          > http://eaglexl-58.com/floor-2.jpg
          >
          > I also glued 1/4 ply blocks inside the root rib sheeting for the root
          > fairing screws.
          >
          > http://eaglexl-58.com/wing-34.jpg
          >
          > Sam
          >
          > http://eaglexl-58.com
          >
          > ========================
          >
          > On 12/30/2010 7:26 PM, Carl Bogardus wrote:
          > > We put little 1/4" ply blocks in the tip rib, drilled them and added
          > > 10-32 T-nuts, (as modelers call them), which are blind wood nuts. We
          > > used standard hardware T-nuts, the modelers use ones that have slightly
          > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
          > >
          > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
          > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
          > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
          > > progressively getting bigger.
          > >
          > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
          > >
          > > Carl
          > >
          > > See Figure 22 & 23
          > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
          > >

          > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
          > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
          > >

          > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
          > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
          > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
          > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
          > >
          > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
          > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars
          > > thanks william

        • Leonard Milholland
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 2, 2011
            Hi Bob,
            What ballance master did you get?  I looked up ballance master and they are a million of them???  I may need one for thr XL. I need a warm day to test what I have already done to it. But if that dosen't work I may need a ballance master for the XL.  The trash in the line was your trouble all along.  Thanks again gfor the rundown on your fixes.  Leonard

             what did you do the the engine??  Leonard
            to save weight I just used small wood screws. On the top/center closure I used the little blocks of plywood and drilled out for a small piece of the plastic tube from my oil pressure line CA'd in place then used sheet-metal screws.. the little plastic sleeves act like a Ny-Lock for the screws. IF I should have to remove the tips I will install the little 1/4-3/8" piece of plastic oil pressure lines.

            Bob Severance
            LEU #64H

            I made two nice laps around the field Thursday, 12/30.... Engine ran GREAT. See my Photo File for how I attached the breather cups over the 30mm Mikuni's

            --- In EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom, Sam Buchanan <sbuc@...> wrote:

            > Same here, only I used threaded brass inserts. Countersunk stainless
            > screws with countersunk washers will secure the wing tips. Same as used
            > on the floorboard:
            >
            > http://eaglexl-58.com/floor-2.jpg
            >
            > I also glued 1/4 ply blocks inside the root rib sheeting for the root
            > fairing screws.
            >
            > http://eaglexl-58.com/wing-34.jpg
            >
            > Sam
            >
            > http://eaglexl-58.com
            >
            > ========================
            >
            > On 12/30/2010 7:26 PM, Carl Bogardus wrote:
            > > We put little 1/4" ply blocks in the tip rib, drilled them and added
            > > 10-32 T-nuts, (as modelers call them), which are blind wood nuts. We
            > > used standard hardware T-nuts, the modelers use ones that have slightly
            > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
            > >
            > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
            > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
            > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
            > > progressively getting bigger.
            > >
            > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
            > >
            > > Carl
            > >
            > > See Figure 22 & 23
            > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
            > >

            > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
            > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
            > >

            > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
            > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
            > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
            > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
            > >
            > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
            > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars
            > > thanks william

          • Steve Kiblinger
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 2, 2011
              If Bob is flying the 54x20 prop he needs to be turning 3200 to see 50+ mph cruise... Joe Spencer turns a little more than that with his 54x20 in cruise...
               Thanks for the heads up on the engine.  I had no trouble with it on the test stand and couldn't figure why you were.  Oh by the way those carbs are 32 mm.  Are you going to rebuild your old engine ?  I think you should have had more air speed??  Glad you found the trouble.  Leonard

               what did you do the the engine??  Leonard
              to save weight I just used small wood screws. On the top/center closure I used the little blocks of plywood and drilled out for a small piece of the plastic tube from my oil pressure line CA'd in place then used sheet-metal screws.. the little plastic sleeves act like a Ny-Lock for the screws. IF I should have to remove the tips I will install the little 1/4-3/8" piece of plastic oil pressure lines.

              Bob Severance
              LEU #64H

              I made two nice laps around the field Thursday, 12/30.... Engine ran GREAT. See my Photo File for how I attached the breather cups over the 30mm Mikuni's

              --- In EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom, Sam Buchanan <sbuc@...> wrote:

              > Same here, only I used threaded brass inserts. Countersunk stainless
              > screws with countersunk washers will secure the wing tips. Same as used
              > on the floorboard:
              >
              > http://eaglexl-58.com/floor-2.jpg
              >
              > I also glued 1/4 ply blocks inside the root rib sheeting for the root
              > fairing screws.
              >
              > http://eaglexl-58.com/wing-34.jpg
              >
              > Sam
              >
              > http://eaglexl-58.com
              >
              > ========================
              >
              > On 12/30/2010 7:26 PM, Carl Bogardus wrote:
              > > We put little 1/4" ply blocks in the tip rib, drilled them and added
              > > 10-32 T-nuts, (as modelers call them), which are blind wood nuts. We
              > > used standard hardware T-nuts, the modelers use ones that have slightly
              > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
              > >
              > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
              > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
              > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
              > > progressively getting bigger.
              > >
              > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
              > >
              > > Carl
              > >
              > > See Figure 22 & 23
              > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
              > >

              > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
              > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
              > >

              > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
              > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
              > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
              > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
              > >
              > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
              > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars
              > > thanks william

            • rockiedog2
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 2, 2011
                the unusually sleek #143 does 58 at 3400 cruise/5420 Tennessee

                > If Bob is flying the 54x20 prop he needs to be turning 3200 to see 50+ mph cruise... Joe Spencer turns a little more than that with his 54x20 in cruise...

              • william anderson
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 2, 2011
                  hey leonard
                     i got the one for $125.00,had to custome fit it but it worked like a charm. It has one 1" hole in the center is why i had to custome fit it
                              william

                  What ballance master did you get?  I looked up ballance master and they are a million of them???  I may need one for thr XL. I need a warm day to test what I have already done to it. But if that dosen't work I may need a ballance master for the XL.  The trash in the line was your trouble all along.  Thanks again gfor the rundown on your fixes.  Leonard

                   what did you do the the engine??  Leonard
                  to save weight I just used small wood screws. On the top/center closure I used the little blocks of plywood and drilled out for a small piece of the plastic tube from my oil pressure line CA'd in place then used sheet-metal screws.. the little plastic sleeves act like a Ny-Lock for the screws. IF I should have to remove the tips I will install the little 1/4-3/8" piece of plastic oil pressure lines.

                  Bob Severance
                  LEU #64H

                  I made two nice laps around the field Thursday, 12/30.... Engine ran GREAT. See my Photo File for how I attached the breather cups over the 30mm Mikuni's

                  --- In EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom, Sam Buchanan <sbuc@...> wrote:

                  > Same here, only I used threaded brass inserts. Countersunk stainless
                  > screws with countersunk washers will secure the wing tips. Same as used
                  > on the floorboard:
                  >
                  > http://eaglexl-58.com/floor-2.jpg
                  >
                  > I also glued 1/4 ply blocks inside the root rib sheeting for the root
                  > fairing screws.
                  >
                  > http://eaglexl-58.com/wing-34.jpg
                  >
                  > Sam
                  >
                  > http://eaglexl-58.com
                  >
                  > ========================
                  >
                  > On 12/30/2010 7:26 PM, Carl Bogardus wrote:
                  > > We put little 1/4" ply blocks in the tip rib, drilled them and added
                  > > 10-32 T-nuts, (as modelers call them), which are blind wood nuts. We
                  > > used standard hardware T-nuts, the modelers use ones that have slightly
                  > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
                  > >
                  > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
                  > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
                  > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
                  > > progressively getting bigger.
                  > >
                  > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
                  > >
                  > > Carl
                  > >
                  > > See Figure 22 & 23
                  > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
                  > >

                  > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
                  > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
                  > >

                  > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
                  > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
                  > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
                  > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
                  > >
                  > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
                  > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars
                  > > thanks william

                • Bob Severance
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 2, 2011

                    you COULD put it on the outside of the prop and have less to modify..but I am using a spinner and dint want to have it hanging out the front.

                    Bob
                       i got the one for $125.00,had to custome fit it but it worked like a charm. It has one 1" hole in the center is why i had to custome fit it
                                william

                    What ballance master did you get?  I looked up ballance master and they are a million of them???  I may need one for thr XL. I need a warm day to test what I have already done to it. But if that dosen't work I may need a ballance master for the XL.  The trash in the line was your trouble all along.  Thanks again gfor the rundown on your fixes.  Leonard

                     what did you do the the engine??  Leonard
                    to save weight I just used small wood screws. On the top/center closure I used the little blocks of plywood and drilled out for a small piece of the plastic tube from my oil pressure line CA'd in place then used sheet-metal screws.. the little plastic sleeves act like a Ny-Lock for the screws. IF I should have to remove the tips I will install the little 1/4-3/8" piece of plastic oil pressure lines.

                    Bob Severance
                    LEU #64H

                    I made two nice laps around the field Thursday, 12/30.... Engine ran GREAT. See my Photo File for how I attached the breather cups over the 30mm Mikuni's

                    --- In EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom, Sam Buchanan <sbuc@...> wrote:

                    > Same here, only I used threaded brass inserts. Countersunk stainless
                    > screws with countersunk washers will secure the wing tips. Same as used
                    > on the floorboard:
                    >
                    > http://eaglexl-58.com/floor-2.jpg
                    >
                    > I also glued 1/4 ply blocks inside the root rib sheeting for the root
                    > fairing screws.
                    >
                    > http://eaglexl-58.com/wing-34.jpg
                    >
                    > Sam
                    >
                    > http://eaglexl-58.com
                    >
                    > ========================
                    >
                    > On 12/30/2010 7:26 PM, Carl Bogardus wrote:
                    > > We put little 1/4" ply blocks in the tip rib, drilled them and added
                    > > 10-32 T-nuts, (as modelers call them), which are blind wood nuts. We
                    > > used standard hardware T-nuts, the modelers use ones that have slightly
                    > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
                    > >
                    > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
                    > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
                    > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
                    > > progressively getting bigger.
                    > >
                    > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
                    > >
                    > > Carl
                    > >
                    > > See Figure 22 & 23
                    > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
                    > >

                    > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
                    > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
                    > >

                    > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
                    > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
                    > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
                    > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
                    > >
                    > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
                    > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars
                    > > thanks william

                  • Bob Severance
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 2, 2011
                      OH I COULD have run the engine faster.....but why? It is a new engine and very little time....
                      SHOULD I be cranking it up???

                      I am going to put that Perry 54 x 24 prop back on it.... It did seem to have a better rate of climb at basically the same RPM.....

                      bob
                      the unusually sleek #143 does 58 at 3400 cruise/5420 Tennessee

                      > If Bob is flying the 54x20 prop he needs to be turning 3200 to see 50+ mph cruise.. Joe Spencer turns a little more than that with his 54x20 in cruise...

                    • Leonard Milholland
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 4, 2011

                        Hi Bob,
                         I need to know what one do you order????.  Thanks Leonard
                           i got the one for $125.00,had to custome fit it but it worked like a charm. It has one 1" hole in the center is why i had to custome fit it
                                    william

                        What ballance master did you get?  I looked up ballance master and they are a million of them???  I may need one for thr XL. I need a warm day to test what I have already done to it. But if that dosen't work I may need a ballance master for the XL.  The trash in the line was your trouble all along.  Thanks again gfor the rundown on your fixes.  Leonard

                         what did you do the the engine??  Leonard
                        to save weight I just used small wood screws. On the top/center closure I used the little blocks of plywood and drilled out for a small piece of the plastic tube from my oil pressure line CA'd in place then used sheet-metal screws.. the little plastic sleeves act like a Ny-Lock for the screws. IF I should have to remove the tips I will install the little 1/4-3/8" piece of plastic oil pressure lines.

                        Bob Severance
                        LEU #64H

                        I made two nice laps around the field Thursday, 12/30.... Engine ran GREAT. See my Photo File for how I attached the breather cups over the 30mm Mikuni's

                        --- In EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom, Sam Buchanan <sbuc@...> wrote:

                        > Same here, only I used threaded brass inserts. Countersunk stainless
                        > screws with countersunk washers will secure the wing tips. Same as used
                        > on the floorboard:
                        >
                        > http://eaglexl-58.com/floor-2.jpg
                        >
                        > I also glued 1/4 ply blocks inside the root rib sheeting for the root
                        > fairing screws.
                        >
                        > http://eaglexl-58.com/wing-34.jpg
                        >
                        > Sam
                        >
                        > http://eaglexl-58.com
                        >
                        > ========================
                        >
                        > On 12/30/2010 7:26 PM, Carl Bogardus wrote:
                        > > We put little 1/4" ply blocks in the tip rib, drilled them and added
                        > > 10-32 T-nuts, (as modelers call them), which are blind wood nuts. We
                        > > used standard hardware T-nuts, the modelers use ones that have slightly
                        > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
                        > >
                        > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
                        > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
                        > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
                        > > progressively getting bigger.
                        > >
                        > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
                        > >
                        > > Carl
                        > >
                        > > See Figure 22 & 23
                        > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
                        > >

                        > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
                        > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
                        > >

                        > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
                        > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
                        > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
                        > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
                        > >
                        > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
                        > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars
                        > > thanks william

                      • Bob Severance
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 4, 2011

                          IF you are putting a generator in your engine, maybe the HT503 Engine Balance Master MIGHT be a better on as it has a place for a V-belt:

                          Mind you there WILL BE some modification necessary. They do not make a simple bolt-on application!

                          Bob Severance
                          LEU #64H
                          'Got-'r-Dun'

> [...]

                          > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
                          > >
                          > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
                          > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
                          > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
                          > > progressively getting bigger.
                          > >
                          > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
                          > >
                          > > Carl
                          > >
                          > > See Figure 22 & 23
                          > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
                          > >

                          > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
                          > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
                          > >

                          > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
                          > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
                          > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
                          > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
                          > >
                          > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
                          > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars

                        • Leonard Milholland
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 5, 2011

                            Hey Guys,
                              I need which one to order  The Ballancer web site has a lot of them on there ans I would like to order one but no one will tell me which one to order????????????   Leonard

> [...]

                            > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
                            > >
                            > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
                            > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
                            > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
                            > > progressively getting bigger.
                            > >
                            > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
                            > >
                            > > Carl
                            > >
                            > > See Figure 22 & 23
                            > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
                            > >

                            > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
                            > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
                            > >

                            > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
                            > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
                            > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
                            > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
                            > >
                            > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
                            > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars

                          • Bob Severance
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 5, 2011

                              Leonard;

                              Follow the following:
                              2nd: click square for 'ULTRALIGHTS'
                              3rd: click square that says 'PRICE AND PARTS INFORMATION - CLICK HERE'
                              4th: Then there will be FOUR Product Names shown...HT340, HT503, HT582 (all for Engine Balance Masters) and then one listed as Propeller Balance Master for $125.00
                                      THAT is the one that I bought and the first link below SHOULD take you to that one....
                                      There is no model number just Propeller Balance Master
                              5th: Click the "BUY NOW",
                              6th: Click [->Checkout]
                              7th: Fill out your information for a new customer [->Continue]

                              and with-in 4-7 days check your mailbox. It comes in a soft-pack envelope.

                              I then chucked mine into a lathe and cut the inside hole from the 1" dia. hole to 2" to fit the ring on the propeller hub. Slipped it on and the prop and drilled out the slots to fit the 5/16" bolts. Replace all the prop bolts and torque to proper specs and enjoy!

                              Bob Severance
> [...]

                              > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
                              > >
                              > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
                              > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
                              > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
                              > > progressively getting bigger.
                              > >
                              > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
                              > >
                              > > Carl
                              > >
                              > > See Figure 22 & 23
                              > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
                              > >

                              > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
                              > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
                              > >

                              > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
                              > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
                              > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
                              > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
                              > >
                              > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
                              > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars

                            • Leonard Milholland
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 5, 2011

                                Thanks Bob
                                  I will try now Thanks again

> [...]

                                > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
                                > >
                                > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
                                > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
                                > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
                                > > progressively getting bigger.
                                > >
                                > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
                                > >
                                > > Carl
                                > >
                                > > See Figure 22 & 23
                                > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
                                > >

                                > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
                                > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
                                > >

                                > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
                                > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
                                > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
                                > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
                                > >
                                > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
                                > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars

                              • william anderson
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 5, 2011
                                  hey leonard
                                    order the $125.00it has a 1" diameter hole in the center and you have to make it fit your prop hub.it says propeller balancer but i think it is for one with a gearbox but it will work
                                                william  74F

                                    I need which one to order  The Ballancer web site has a lot of them on there ans I would like to order one but no one will tell me which one to order????????????   Leonard
                                  THIS is the one I purchased... Listed for the Propeller of Ultralight Aircraft:
                                  http://store.balancemasters.com/osCommerce/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=43&osCsid=6fcc18c35940ea15150dbe3c3975b675

                                  http://store.balancemasters.com/osCommerce/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=41

> [...]

                                  > > less diameter than hardware store so the blocks of wood can be smaller.
                                  > >
                                  > > We also embedded little blocks in the center section area for the metal
                                  > > strip that covers the gap between the wings. Makes it really easy to
                                  > > fasten things down and remove them without worrying about screw holes
                                  > > progressively getting bigger.
                                  > >
                                  > > Son came up w/this idea, I thought it was pretty good.
                                  > >
                                  > > Carl
                                  > >
                                  > > See Figure 22 & 23
                                  > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Eweemooseus/files/buildinglog8.pdf>
                                  > >

                                  > > --- On *Thu, 12/30/10, midnightrider
                                  > > /<midnightrider20822003@...>/* wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > From: midnightrider <midnightrider20822003@...>
                                  > > Subject: [EaglersNests] wing tips
                                  > > To: EaglersNests@yahoogroupscom
                                  > > Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 5:59 PM
                                  > >
                                  > > does anyone have a suggestion as how to attach the wingtips?the only
                                  > > way i see is to screw them to the ends of the spars

                                • Leonard Milholland
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 5, 2011

                                    Hi William,
                                     Thanks I will look in to it   Leonard