Re: [Eaglechat] weekend

  • kathy landry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      The dog has been found.
      Have a good weekend all.
      katt

> [...]
      > >yellow warbler
      > >Townsend's warbler
      > >orange-crowned warbler
      > >ruby-crowned kinglet
      > >robin
      > >whimbrel (14)
      > >Bonaparte's gull
      > >arctic tern
      > >northwestern crow
      > >Wilson's warbler
      > >savannah sparrow
      > >Lincoln's sparrow
      > >song sparrow
      > >dark-eyed junco
      > >varied thrush
      > >red crossbill
      > >scaup, greater
      > >Canada goose
      > >raven
      > >--------------------------------
      > >Sunday, May 27
      > >lesser scaup
      > >northern waterthrush
      > >western wood pewee
      > >yellow-rumped warbler, myrtle
      > >hermit thrush
      > >rusty blackbird
      > >warbling vireo
      > >yellow warbler
      > >Townsend's warbler
      > >ruby-crowned kinglet
      > >golden-crowned kinglet
      > >Wilson's warbler
      > >redhead duck
      > >canvasback
      > >mallard - pair with 10 chicks
      > >snipe
      > >orange-crowned warbler
      > >olive-sided flycatcher
      > >dark-eyed junco
      > >pine siskin
      > >robin
      > >
      > >I added the stuff from the wetlands
      > >
      > >Wetlands, Sunday May 27
      > >Blackpoll warbler, parking lot
      > >same warblers as before
      > >lots of bonapartes gulls, but as far as i know, no one ever saw the
      > >little gull again
      > >3-4 california gulls
      > >lots of pectoral sandpipers
      > >19 sanderlings, which i understand is a lot for here
      > >black oystercatchers (some one from work also saw some at Auke Rec)
      > >surfbirds
      > >ruddy turnstones
      > >black turnstone (1)
      > >in the peep department
      > >least
      > >semi
      > >western sandpipers
      > >american pipit
      > >savannah sparrow
      > >dunlin (still one or 2 in alternate plumage)
      > >semi plovers (14)
      > >killdeer
      > >bb plover
      > >

      > >the bar-tailed godwits were seen as of thursday, 24 may
      > >
      > >i have heard that there a western tanager was seen at sandy beach, as
      > >well as a redstart
      > >
      > >laurie craig reported wilson's phalarope at the wetlands on sunday in
      > >her wetlands watch report.
      > >
      > >oh, also saw ~60+ orca from the overlooks by benjamin island on friday
      > >and again from Fish Creek friday night.
      > >
      > >love to hear of anything else that has been seen lately. hope you are

    • skuas
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21 10:35 AM
        Hi all, I saw the lesser black-backed gull again from Fish Creek. The
        tide was coming in fast and it was standing on a little sand bar
        towards the wetlands with several hundred other gulls.

        happy birding,
        Bev.
        465-3498
      • Agler, Bev (DFG)
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2011

          Hi all,

          There were several nice sightings at Moose Lake

          American Redstart

          Tennessee Warbler

          Warbling vireo

          Northern water thrush

          Plus the usuals, yellow, yellow-rumped, orange-crowned, etc.

          At the community garden, we heard

          Sora

          Common yellowthroat

          And saw

          Vaux’s swift

          After the wetlands walk yesterday,

          Rich, Patty and I saw on the flats

          2 black oystercatcher

          2 sanderling

          1 western sandpiper

          1 semi sandpiper

          6 semi plover

          2 bb plover

          1 dunlin

          Not a lot of shorebirds, but quite an assortment.

          Bev.

          Bev Agler

          Thermal Mark Lab Supervisor

          Mark, Tag, and Age Lab