Long-tailed Jaeger near Kake 7/20

  • andersonmark142
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2010
      Andy and I took his boat around Admiralty Is. on a fishing trip. On the leg bewtween Kake and Baranof Warm Springs (Frederick Sound), we saw a brown bird flying fast on an intersecting path. As it got near the boat it dipped down to grab at something on the surface and showed off its long trailing tail feathers, black cap and white breast. I grabbed for the camera but it was long gone.

      We also saw Pelagic and Double-crested Cormorants, Common Murres and of course lots of Marbled Murrelets and gulls. Whalewise there were tons of Humpbacks in Stephen's Passage near Gambier Bay. We also saw harbor and Dahl's porpoise, Steller's sea lions and harbor seals. Great trip and we even caught some nice fish.