GBheron

  • Beverly Agler
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006

      Hi, I saw a Great Blue Heron at Moose Lake on Sunday while I was skiing!  There was a little bit of open water at the eastern (glacier) end of the lake.

      Bev.

      Bev Agler

      Thermal Mark Lab Supervisor

      Mark, Tag, and Age Lab

      Alaska Department of Fish and Game

      10107 Bentwood Place

      Juneau, Alaska 99801

      (907) 465-3498

      (907) 465-2765 fax

    • Kim Titus And Deb Rudis
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006

        For birders who alpine ski, Saturday was an interesting day at the ski area.  While riding the Ptarmigan chair (one that goes to the top of the ski area), we watched a hawk owl on a number of different perches, but always atop a spruce.  It was also seen flying from a perch, but not catch any prey.   Later that afternoon a goshawk was seen flying (while we were standing on the top of the ski trail named Raven).

        A birdy, snowy day (and excellent skiing).  No unusual birds seen on Sunday.

        DR & KT