Status of rustic bunting @ North Douglas

  • Paul Suchanek
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      As of this morning (11/1), I again sighted the rustic bunting here at North Douglas so it remained here even though it cleared up overnight.   Everyone who stopped by here yesterday, including 3 birders who flew in from Southcentral Alaska, saw it.   I'll be in and out today but if you want to see it give me a call at 463-4891 - past 3:30 PM, it starts to get dark.
    • Beverly Agler
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006

        Hi, I saw a Great Blue Heron at Moose Lake on Sunday while I was skiing!  There was a little bit of open water at the eastern (glacier) end of the lake.

        Bev.

        Bev Agler

        Thermal Mark Lab Supervisor

        Mark, Tag, and Age Lab

        Alaska Department of Fish and Game

        10107 Bentwood Place

        Juneau, Alaska 99801

        (907) 465-3498

        (907) 465-2765 fax

      • Kim Titus And Deb Rudis
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006

          For birders who alpine ski, Saturday was an interesting day at the ski area.  While riding the Ptarmigan chair (one that goes to the top of the ski area), we watched a hawk owl on a number of different perches, but always atop a spruce.  It was also seen flying from a perch, but not catch any prey.   Later that afternoon a goshawk was seen flying (while we were standing on the top of the ski trail named Raven).

          A birdy, snowy day (and excellent skiing).  No unusual birds seen on Sunday.

          DR & KT