Matt!'s updates

  • glacierbirder
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Howdy folks! How''s this weather treating you all?
      Here's my updates for the last few days:

      Saturday - female hooded merganser at pond behind community gardens
      - flushed 5 snipe near Mendenhall lake shore - one did a
      distraction display on path directly in front of me

      Sunday - 2 rock ptarmigan males on Sheep mountain, also a golden
      eagle perched on ridge down slope from Gold Ridge (for sure - got a
      really good look at it)

      Mystery: I might be just overlooking an obvious answer here, but I
      saw something I couldn't quite figure out on Dredge Lake on Saturday
      night. I saw what I'm sure was a female mallard with 3 flegdlings,
      but all three fledglings were actively diving while the adult dabbled
      along.... They were quite a ways away and I couldn't see them well
      enough in the light to get a better look at them... Any suggestions?

      Well, thanks!
      -matt!
      lagartija_Xela@...