Juneau Raptor Center raptor release

  • sandy harbanuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 1999
      The JRC will release a saw-whet owl on Thursday, Nov. 11, at noon. We plan
      to let it go in the parking lot at the Church of the latter Day Saints,
      5-mile Glacier Highway, near where the bird was collected.

      "Sourdough," as we've callled him/her, struck the plow of a pick-up truck
      and has been under treatment for a head injury. The bird has been very
      feisty and is anxious to get back out mousing.

      I apologize - we released a northern pygmy owl last Sunday - I didn't think
      to use this method for notifying folks. These releases are a good chance to
      take a close look at birds we don't get close to very often.