Hawkwatch

  • Steve Zimmerman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 1999
      I spent an hour or so looking for hawks migrating along the ridge above
      the cross on Mt Roberts late this morning. Unfortunately, the sun
      disappeared shortly after I got up there and rain and southeast winds
      destroyed any possibility of thermals. Not even an eagle flew past.
      About the only excitement was a black bear that made an appearance a few
      hundred yards away.

      Some of you may be interested to know that there were three Hooded
      Mergansers (one male, two females) on Twin Lakes (the one closest to
      K-Mart). A Ring-necked Duck was also on the same lake.