RE: [E_Rapier] February fencing event

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 23, 2008
      At 02:13 PM 12/23/2008, Eve Harris & David Stamper wrote:

      >The same goes for EAOD prizes. If people know they are going to be yanked
      >off the fencing floor at some point for a long period to make way for
      >prizes/classes, they may decide not to come. I know there is some

      I believe the gym had room for 3 lists, so we could have one bear
      pit, one tournament, and one EAOD prize. Given the smaller numbers
      we're looking at, we shouldn't need two lists open for every
      tournament to run quickly.

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 23, 2008
        At 02:18 PM 12/23/2008, you wrote:

        >I could easily run such an event for about $200 in Kingston, and at
        >$10 for site this permits a small number of fencers
        >to maintain an event.

        Then I hope you shall do so in the near future. I don't think many
        of us have that dedication or spare change.

        >The biggest thing here is making sure that the event will run
        >without the canton having to lift a finger. This takes
        >forethought and organization. But if you have a bear bones
        >structure hammered down, budgets planned down to the penny,
        >and staff ready to go--and have contingency plans for unforeseen
        >occurrances you'll find that it is a much easier to
        >
        >Anyway I've rambled on enough I think, but I'll leave you with this
        >final suggestion. Ask around (both SCAdian and
        >mundanely) at what people have discovered about spaces that are out
        >there, and what their prices are. With a little
        >effort and imagination its amazing what you can put together.

        Archibald, you know nothing about the planning or preparation Rylyn
        has done to be ready to propose this event, nor the experience she
        has from past events. By assuming she has done none of these things
        you insult her.

        A basic part of any budget is anticipated income, and the current
        stage of planning is trying to get a feel for what that income might be.