RE: [E_Rapier] New poll for E_Rapier

  • David Whitford
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 18, 2008
      Ok-voted but I really dont think I should be part of your equation.
      Robert

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 18, 2008
        At 10:05 AM 12/18/2008, you wrote:
        >I'd love to, but February is an extremely unlikely time for me to be able to
        >tear away from work this year (So I voted no can do)

        Thanks Lars, unhappy news is still useful news. I wouldn't expect
        any of our further north people to be more than a Maybe or Probably,
        since weather is a factor as well.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 18, 2008
          hmm Well no one has had me committed yet so... You should be safe .. ;-) Gerrard !!
          I put in a maybe. It's all contingent on when, and whether or not I'm already committed at that point.

          N.C.

          >I'd love to, but February is an extremely unlikely time for me to be able to
          >tear away from work this year (So I voted no can do)

          Thanks Lars, unhappy news is still useful news. I wouldn't expect
          any of our further north people to be more than a Maybe or Probably,
          since weather is a factor as well.

        • Catherine Redewell of Eoforwic
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 21, 2008
            Greetings,

            As the people I usually travelled with
            for that event were "dancers only",
            the odds of my getting to a "fencing
            only" event are very small. :-(

            As the event issues itself. My limited
            understanding was that they hoped to
            expand on the numbers that attended the
            originally "dance only" event (formerly
            known as "Step Spritely") and added the
            fencing as an additional draw for numbers
            of attendees. Unfortunately, by changing
            the name and adding a Court, etc., meant
            the majority of the American (dance)
            attendees stayed home as they thought the
            dance event had been cancelled (we found
            this out the Pennsic after the name change).
            They also discovered dance events to the
            south on that same weekend (when they
            thought our event was cancelled) so they
            started attending those - and therefore
            avoided our February weather and the border
            crossing issues for the following years.
            This resulted, I suspect, in the number of
            attendees remaining close to what it had
            been as a "dance only" event, and I suspect
            the site costs again exceeded the attendee
            site fees.

            I was of the understanding that they
            wanted to run a "heavy fighting only"
            event next February as there have been
            newbies interested in same, so I am
            pleasantly surprised at the idea of a
            fencing-only event. Unfortunately, as
            I've been slack about making it to fight
            practice, I'm really not up to par for
            fencing right now (though a winter of
            shoveling snow may solve that!).

            Good luck if you can make it work!

            In Service,

            Catherine

            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com,
            "Eve Harris & David Stamper"
            <evedave1@...> wrote:

            <<I would like to second the good Baroness.
            A large number of you have attended Silk
            Slippers & Crossed Swords (which is not
            being held this year) in the past and know
            how much fun an all day fencing-till-you-
            drop kind of event can be. That is what is
            envisioned for the February event with the
            same formats as the fencing at SS&CS,
            including the continuous bearpit. It
            will have the added advantage of probably
            not having the 5 pm cut off required by
            the site in Der Welfengau. Please respond
            so BT can get this event off the ground.

            Albrecht

            (who really wants this thing to happen as
            he is not RMIC and gets to play all day as
            Hoskuld is insisting I have to play in all
            the tourneys) >>

            _____

            <<So the poll currently shows 5 Absolutely!s,
            5 Probablys, and 1 Maybe.

            There are 65 members of the group. It would
            be very nice to have some more responses.
            Bryniau has an absolute need to start running
            events that make money, to stop the slow bleed
            in our coffers, and if only 11 out of 65 people
            care enough to answer the question, it doesn't
            bode well for the event. We were expecting a
            small event, but not THIS small.

            Please vote if you haven't yet!

            Even if the vote is "Sorry, no"