Re: [E_Rapier] Re: ealdormere-rapier Rules Version 4

  • Ross Weaver
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 5, 2007
      On 4/5/07, Kelly Wyatt <kgarlow@...> wrote:

      > The original question posed to the list (not by me) was regarding if a
      > fencer with a shorter blade chooses to yield a tournament fight to a
      > fencer
      > with a longer blade, does he/she lose the bout.

      Yeilding to an opponent is to give them the win. If my opponent legs me
      and I choose to yeild rather than fight from my knees I'm offering them the
      win, rather than to keep fighting. It does not matter why you yeild,
      choosing to yeild is choosing to lose.

      To refuse to fence some due to safety is a different issue. If someone is
      unsafe they should be removed from the field. If equipment is unsafe it
      should be removed from the field. But that is obviously not the question
      here.

      ~Wilhelm