Re: [E_Rapier] Re: ealdormere-rapier Rules Version 4

  • Nicholas J. Corkigian
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 5, 2007
      Is it just a matter of boycotting longer blades out of a personal
      preference (or displeasure)? If so, then I would say that's a personal
      choice to make that has no bearing on the actual rules. The penalties
      should go with it. In this case, it's a choice to not fence an
      opponent, therefore it's a choice to take the loss.

      -Nikolai

      --
      -Nicholas J. Corkigian

      "Sacred cows make the best burgers"
      -Robert Kriegel

      This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
      only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader
      of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
      to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
      any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
      is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please
      notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
      the original message.
    • Ross Weaver
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 5, 2007
        On 4/5/07, Kelly Wyatt <kgarlow@...> wrote:

        > The original question posed to the list (not by me) was regarding if a
        > fencer with a shorter blade chooses to yield a tournament fight to a
        > fencer
        > with a longer blade, does he/she lose the bout.

        Yeilding to an opponent is to give them the win. If my opponent legs me
        and I choose to yeild rather than fight from my knees I'm offering them the
        win, rather than to keep fighting. It does not matter why you yeild,
        choosing to yeild is choosing to lose.

        To refuse to fence some due to safety is a different issue. If someone is
        unsafe they should be removed from the field. If equipment is unsafe it
        should be removed from the field. But that is obviously not the question
        here.

        ~Wilhelm