Re: [E_Rapier] Fencing at Crown

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 22, 2008
      Great!
      I'll be there and keen to play.
      --j

      On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:01 PM, <argh@...> wrote:
      > Hi all...
      >
      > Just thought I'd pass along the news about fencing at and in the proximity of Crown. Just so fencers who are coming
      > don't necessarily have to leave their swords behind. We have fencing at the event itself under a condition or two,
      > first of course is we don't interfere with the court proceedings, and second is the weather as we have to content
      > ourselves with outdoor spaces. It does look like it will be rainy, but there is a covered outdoor area we could in
      > theory use if people don't mind having to walk through the rain to get to the centre of the event.
      >
      > As well the canton is booking the drill hall for Sunday afternoon for any who wish to hang about and play with swords
      > the day after the event.
      >
      > In addition to all of this I have a large apartment that could be used for a rapier centric post rev if Albrecht feels
      > he needs to hold court. =)
      >
      > I am currently the organizer for these events and am taking requests for activities, but in general I think a low key
      > approach will work best given the conditions. But if there is anything anyone wants to see, do tell, I'm open to
      > suggestions.
      >
      > I hope to see some people who don't normally get out this way with swords in their hands.
      >
      > Ta
      >
      > Aaron Miedema
      > Lente autem non celer sum.

    • Eve and David
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 14, 2015

        Greetings!

        Now that my schedule has been sorted out I would be willing to run some fencing at Crown. I was hoping to see if there is any interest in having some fencing there. A couple of provisos: The weather looks to be on the cold side, a high of around 4 with the possibility of rain or even snow (30%). There is not enough room inside the site for fencing so we would be outside. The cold I think we can handle (we do a lot of layers anyways) but rain/snow is not good to fence in. One way or another I'm going to be there and I will bring my gear. Please let me know if there is any other interest in fencing.

        I’ve also posted this in the Ealdormere Rapier Facebook group if you’d like to respond there.

        https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ealdormere.rapier/?fref=nf

        Albrecht

      • Eve and David
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2015

          Current forecast for the event area is 3 and 70% chance of snow or rain. I don't think fencing at Crown is going to be a viable option. I will still be at the event and if some hardy souls want to play outside I can marshal, but I don't think there's going to be any formal fencing.

          Albrecht

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 16, 2015
            Either way, it's sterling of you to step up.  Pamela and myself are still in the throes of moving/renovations.  I should be out to events more in a month or two.

            Gregorie

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 16, 2015

              Unfortunately, due to the possible weather and a lack of snow tires, my ride has cancelled so it looks like I won’t be able to make it at all. L

              Albrecht