Re: [E_Rapier] Re: ealdormere-rapier Rules Version 4

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 5, 2007
      >From: "John Enzinas" <jenzinas@...>
      >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Re: ealdormere-rapier Rules Version 4
      >Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:37:04 -0400
      >
      >On 4/5/07, Kelly Wyatt <kgarlow@...> wrote:
      > > The original question posed to the list (not by me) was regarding if a
      > > fencer with a shorter blade chooses to yield a tournament fight to a
      >fencer
      > > with a longer blade, does he/she lose the bout.
      > >
      > > I believe that it's been determined that it's ultimately up to the MiC
      > > make that decision.
      >
      >What would be a reason to allow someone to yield a bout without
      >loosing and still allow their opponent to continue in the tournament?
      >
      >--j

      Honestly, I can't think of ANY reason that fits those parameters. I will let
      it roll around a bit and see if I can think of something.

      Cainder
    • Nicholas J. Corkigian
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 5, 2007
        Is it just a matter of boycotting longer blades out of a personal
        preference (or displeasure)? If so, then I would say that's a personal
        choice to make that has no bearing on the actual rules. The penalties
        should go with it. In this case, it's a choice to not fence an
        opponent, therefore it's a choice to take the loss.

        -Nikolai

        --
        -Nicholas J. Corkigian

        "Sacred cows make the best burgers"
        -Robert Kriegel

        This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
        only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader
        of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
        to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
        any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
        is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please
        notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
        the original message.
      • Ross Weaver
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 5, 2007
          On 4/5/07, Kelly Wyatt <kgarlow@...> wrote:

          > The original question posed to the list (not by me) was regarding if a
          > fencer with a shorter blade chooses to yield a tournament fight to a
          > fencer
          > with a longer blade, does he/she lose the bout.

          Yeilding to an opponent is to give them the win. If my opponent legs me
          and I choose to yeild rather than fight from my knees I'm offering them the
          win, rather than to keep fighting. It does not matter why you yeild,
          choosing to yeild is choosing to lose.

          To refuse to fence some due to safety is a different issue. If someone is
          unsafe they should be removed from the field. If equipment is unsafe it
          should be removed from the field. But that is obviously not the question
          here.

          ~Wilhelm