Yes..Finally! ITS THE FOTB Rapier Schedule!

  • Yvonne Rogers
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 14, 2008
      Hello all,

      I make no excuses..life just happens.

      So here it is!

      Feast of the Bear Rapier Schedule

      The rapier list will open after their Majesties morning court.

      There will be one half hour for authorizations, if any, and warm up.

      Two tournaments are planned; the first is a Challenge tourney. The
      second is a Scottish Rope and Dagger tourney, if time permits!

      The Challenge Tourney, imported from the lands to the south, is for a
      prize (come play and find out what it is). This tournament is for
      the entertainment of all and the out going Mayor, troubadours and
      thespians alike are encouraged and welcome. This will be a round
      robin format. Combatants will enter the list together and improv a
      challenge to each other, no rehearsals! Challenge you friend and
      foes to fight with restrictions to legs and arms! Surly they can
      dazzle us all with their prowess! We all know 80 % of this game it
      attitude...PROVE IT! The most entertaining challenge to be acted out
      executed wins! Consideration will be given to the use of period
      insults, use of the spot props (no the out going mayor does not
      count) and witty repartee!

      The Scottish Rope and Dagger tourney, also imported by from the
      south, for those who love the Dagger! But don't let go of the rope!
      Also a round robin format, this tournament requires each combatant to
      firmly hold onto an end of a 5' 0" foot long rope until successfully
      killing their opponent. Try to use the rope to your advantage?
      Disadvantage? Letting go of the rope is an instant loss. Obviously
      those wishing to play this tournament must have a dagger
      authorization valid in Ealdomere.

      The rapier list closes at 3:30 pm to allow everyone to attend
      afternoon court.
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 16, 2008

        My apologies for the late notice but if there is anyone interested, I
        believe Senor Mateo and I will be running a joint session of the Marshal's
        Course at FOTB so I can get up to speed. I'll be hanging around the rapier
        list as much as possible (no kids, yay!) so we just need to find a quite
        corner and sit down with those who are interested. Unfortunately I won't be
        at upcoming Crown, but I am going to try to make Feast of the Hare.

      • Paul Perreault
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 17, 2008
          I look forward to being there... and the gods willing, I'll finally
          re-authorize too. :)

          Yoshi

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 18, 2010

            I'll be teaching the Marshal's Course, possible for the last time, at least
            as KRM, at Crown Tourney. If there are any interested RMIT's or Marshals who
            feel they need a refresher, please have them get in touch with me so I have
            an idea of numbers.

            Yours in Service

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 18, 2010
              Me! Me!

              Cainder
              delinquent fencer/marshal

              ---------------------------------
              Kelly Wyatt
              SCA: Cainder inghen Hui Chatharnaig
              Co-Chronicler, Shire of Trinovantia Nova
              k.wyatt59@...
              ---------------------------------

              To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com; RapierMarshals@yahoogroups.com
              From: evedave1@...
              Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:14:50 -0400
              Subject: [E_Rapier] Marshal's Course

              Greetings!

              I'll be teaching the Marshal's Course, possible for the last time, at least
              as KRM, at Crown Tourney. If there are any interested RMIT's or Marshals who
              feel they need a refresher, please have them get in touch with me so I have
              an idea of numbers.

              Yours in Service

            • L. Tremblay
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 4 11:10 AM

                I will be running the rapier marshal's course at Break the Back of
                Winter (9th April, http://www.doomlegends.com/greyfells/btbow2011.html),
                as I know there are two MiTs who need it that will be present there. If
                you're going to be there and need the course, email me and let me know
                please.

                If you need to take the course and will not be at Break the Back, email
                me and let me know so I can schedule another session for peoples' best
                convenience. I am happy to run it at Crown Tournament as well (28th
                May), but since that is that is also in Skraeling, I imagine it may be
                more useful to run it at an event at the other end of Ealdormere
                instead. I will be at Murder Melee and Trillies for sure. I may be at
                Coronation, but that's not confirmed yet. Other stuff, we'll see.

                Lars
              • Robert Bohler
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 4 12:57 PM
                  Greetings Lars,

                  I'll be needing to take the marshall's course at Break the Back, so please put me down on your list of attendees.

                  Ulrich of Greyfells
                  (Robert Bohler)
                  I will be running the rapier marshal's course at Break the Back of
                  Winter (9th April, http://www.doomlegends.com/greyfells/btbow2011.html),
                  as I know there are two MiTs who need it that will be present there. If
                  you're going to be there and need the course, email me and let me know
                  please.

                  If you need to take the course and will not be at Break the Back, email
                  me and let me know so I can schedule another session for peoples' best
                  convenience. I am happy to run it at Crown Tournament as well (28th
                  May), but since that is that is also in Skraeling, I imagine it may be
                  more useful to run it at an event at the other end of Ealdormere
                  instead. I will be at Murder Melee and Trillies for sure. I may be at
                  Coronation, but that's not confirmed yet. Other stuff, we'll see.

                  Lars

                • William 'the Griffin' of Otterton
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 4 9:10 PM
                    And I wouldn't mind going again, just as a good refresher. I haven't had
                    the luxury of marshalling at many events of late so it's probably a good
                    idea for me.

                    No BtBoW for me (since I'll be down south with the family) but
                    definitely Pikeman's (yes, we'll have rapier if there's enough people
                    willing to come) and Trillium for me. Not too sure on other events at
                    the moment.

                    Thanks!
                    William 'the Griffin' of Otterton
                    Rapier Marshal - Petrea Thule