RE: [E_Rapier] Capo Ferro at AEMMA details

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 28, 2008
      We're paying $100/month for our son to go to karate 3 classes a week.
      However the chief instructor is a 9th dan black belt who handles a lot of
      the teaching personally, so we feel we're getting our money's worth. Not to
      mention the convenience (across the street). Much cheaper and safer than
      hockey.

      Asa (Albrecht's wife)

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
        WEll.. that takes me out..I have belly dance classes on Wednesdays

        Jocelyne

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Gormanshaw <agormanshaw@...>

        ------------------------------------

        > Rapier training will be in the style of Cappo Ferro.
        > Training is $70/month. Classes will be held Wednesday nights from
        9:00 to 10:30, with the first class held on be Oct 15.
        http://www.kerrarmourers.com/AEMMA_Rapiers.html
        > Cup is recommended.  Jacket is optional.  The rapiers are fitted
        with arrow blunts so it's relatively safe.

        ------------------------------------

        offered separately form thier regular training program, when the
        sessions are, and the fees.  David said he'd get back to me after
        practice on Sunday.

        > I'll post details when I have them...
        >
        > Hoskuld

        Academie

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
          Your teaching your belly to dance ...
          My oh my !!
          So what about the other parts?? Won't they get jealous??

          ------------------------------------

          ------------------------------------

        • David Whitford
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
            wow-swagger and belly dancing...the mind boggles
            Robert

            ------------ --------- --------- ------

            ------------ --------- --------- ------

          • argh@cogeco.ca
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 30, 2008
              > WEll.. that takes me out..I have belly dance classes on Wednesdays
              >
              > Jocelyne

              Not to worry I was suppose to be teaching you Giganti anyway.

              =)

              Aaron Miedema
              Lente autem non celer sum.
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 30, 2008
                At 08:32 AM 9/30/2008, you wrote:
                > > WEll.. that takes me out..I have belly dance classes on Wednesdays
                > >
                > > Jocelyne

                You can't move belly dancing?

                Eyrny
              • Anna B
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 30, 2008
                  Were those private lessons or can anyone sign up?...

                  Rusalka, who's given up on belly dancing, but still has hopes for Giganti

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 30, 2008
                    > Were those private lessons or can anyone sign up?...

                    I'll run private classes or public lessons, if people can arrange the space I'm more than willing to pontificate about
                    swords. =)

                    > Rusalka, who's given up on belly dancing, but still has > hopes for Giganti

                    Well I did go to FOOL2 to teach Giganti and get a finger mashed because you asked me to.... But who didn't bother
                    showing up? Hmmmm?

                    =)

                    I need to come to Toronto in the nearish futrue anyway, simply because I've promised so many people for so long that I
                    would. I can make the rounds of the rapier practices a do a little teaching too. How does that sound? Or are you
                    going to finhd yourself conveniently out of town?

                    =)

                    Hopefully--fingers crossed--my time in the archives is nearing an end so another three weeks and I won't have to be tied
                    to Ottawa so much, Maybe something in November perhaps???

                    Aaron Miedema
                    Lente autem non celer sum.
                  • Anna B
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 30, 2008
                      > Were those private lessons or can anyone sign up?...

                      I'll run private classes or public lessons, if people can arrange the space I'm more than willing to pontificate about
                      swords. =)

                      Well, we have plenty of space on Thursdays - to fence, or otherwise chat.  And if you can give us a heads up in advance, we might even be able to come up with the usual two or three fencers :)

                      > Rusalka, who's given up on belly dancing, but still has > hopes for Giganti

                      Well I did go to FOOL2 to teach Giganti and get a finger mashed because you asked me to.... But who didn't bother
                      showing up? Hmmmm?

                      =)

                      You getting your finger bashed was decidedly not my fault - especially since I wasn't there.   And you can blame the Summer of the Migranes for my not being there - I think I can honestly say that I can count on half-a-hand the number of weekends that I wasn't laid out someplace dark, hoping for a head hunter to come along and steal mine.

                      I need to come to Toronto in the nearish futrue anyway, simply because I've promised so many people for so long that I
                      would. I can make the rounds of the rapier practices a do a little teaching too. How does that sound? Or are you
                      going to finhd yourself conveniently out of town?

                      The only weekend that I am aware of that I will be out of town for - currently - is Thanksgiving.  Although I am attempting to plan a visit to Sunny Hamilton :)

                      =)

                      Hopefully--fingers crossed--my time in the archives is nearing an end so another three weeks and I won't have to be tied
                      to Ottawa so much, Maybe something in November perhaps???

                      November should be good - keep me posted!
                      R.

                      Aaron Miedema
                      Lente autem non celer sum.