re: [E_Rapier] FW: [Eoforwic] Cappo Ferro anyone?

  • Anna B
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
      WOOT!

      Yeah for Archibald moving to TO!

      Rusalka

      --- On Fri, 9/26/08, argh@... <argh@...> wrote:

      From: argh@... <argh@...>
      Subject: re: [E_Rapier] FW: [Eoforwic] Cappo Ferro anyone?
      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com

      Well thats certainly a point in favour of me doing my doctorate at U of T.

      > Fencers,
      >
      > I'm pleased to announce that AEMMA will start offering classes in
      > Rapier fencing starting in October.
      >
      > The instructor is Beau Brock who recently moved to Toronto to pursue
      > post graduate studies at U of T. Beau studied Cappo Ferro at Academie
      > Duello in BC, He is both a capable fencer and effective teacher, having
      > received his red cord degree at Academie Duello.
      >
      > AEMMA has ranked him as a visiting Scholar and granted him a license to
      > teach Rapier at the AEMMA Salle D'Armes.
      >
      > AEMMA / Fighting Arts Collective membership is required to attend the
      > classes.
      >
      > Those interested should complete a practice visit request by visiting
      > www.aemma.org

      Aaron Miedema
      Lente autem non celer sum.

    • argh@cogeco.ca
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
        Patience grasshopper.

        I would need to be accepted to U ot T first, and given the depth of my masters it looks like that might not be until
        January 2010. Youch I remember Sci Fi movies set then. Although I do have an agreement in principle for a Dissretation
        with the Institute for the History of Science and Philosophy and the Centre for Renaissance and Reformation Studies to
        study intellectual cross currents and the study of Italian martial arts from 1410 to 1653. AEMMA would figure quite
        nicely, especially with a Capo Fero Guru.

        So we will see, weighing options.

        Aaron Miedema
        Lente autem non celer sum.
      • Aaron Gormanshaw
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
          I have contacted AEMMA asking for information about if this will be offered separately form thier regular training program, when the sessions are, and the fees.  David said he'd get back to me after practice on Sunday.

          I'll post details when I have them...

          Hoskuld

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 27, 2008
            Count me In!