FW: [Eoforwic] Cappo Ferro anyone?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008

      From: Eoforwic@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Eoforwic@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of bentleg
      Sent: September 26, 2008 10:03 AM
      To: Eoforwic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Eoforwic] Cappo Ferro anyone?

      Fencers,

      I'm pleased to announce that AEMMA will start offering classes in
      Rapier fencing starting in October.

      The instructor is Beau Brock who recently moved to Toronto to pursue
      post graduate studies at U of T. Beau studied Cappo Ferro at Academie
      Duello in BC, He is both a capable fencer and effective teacher, having
      received his red cord degree at Academie Duello.

      AEMMA has ranked him as a visiting Scholar and granted him a license to
      teach Rapier at the AEMMA Salle D'Armes.

      AEMMA / Fighting Arts Collective membership is required to attend the
      classes.

      Those interested should complete a practice visit request by visiting
      www.aemma.org

    • argh@cogeco.ca
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
        Well thats certainly a point in favour of me doing my doctorate at U of T.

        > Fencers,
        >
        > I'm pleased to announce that AEMMA will start offering classes in
        > Rapier fencing starting in October.
        >
        > The instructor is Beau Brock who recently moved to Toronto to pursue
        > post graduate studies at U of T. Beau studied Cappo Ferro at Academie
        > Duello in BC, He is both a capable fencer and effective teacher, having
        > received his red cord degree at Academie Duello.
        >
        > AEMMA has ranked him as a visiting Scholar and granted him a license to
        > teach Rapier at the AEMMA Salle D'Armes.
        >
        > AEMMA / Fighting Arts Collective membership is required to attend the
        > classes.
        >
        > Those interested should complete a practice visit request by visiting
        > www.aemma.org

        Aaron Miedema
        Lente autem non celer sum.
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
          Academie Duello's pedagogical method is quite good and their version
          of Capo Ferro is a very thorough understanding of the subject. If you
          can, I'd strongly recommend you joining up (even if it makes you much
          more likely to kick my ass).
          --j

          On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:12 AM, <argh@...> wrote:
          > Well thats certainly a point in favour of me doing my doctorate at U of T.
          >

          >> Fencers,
          >>
          >> I'm pleased to announce that AEMMA will start offering classes in
          >> Rapier fencing starting in October.
          >>
          >> The instructor is Beau Brock who recently moved to Toronto to pursue
          >> post graduate studies at U of T. Beau studied Cappo Ferro at Academie
          >> Duello in BC, He is both a capable fencer and effective teacher, having
          >> received his red cord degree at Academie Duello.
          >>
          >> AEMMA has ranked him as a visiting Scholar and granted him a license to
          >> teach Rapier at the AEMMA Salle D'Armes.
          >>
          >> AEMMA / Fighting Arts Collective membership is required to attend the
          >> classes.
          >>
          >> Those interested should complete a practice visit request by visiting
          >> www.aemma.org

          > Aaron Miedema
          > Lente autem non celer sum.

        • Anna B
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
            WOOT!

            Yeah for Archibald moving to TO!

            Rusalka

            Well thats certainly a point in favour of me doing my doctorate at U of T.

            > Fencers,
            >
            > I'm pleased to announce that AEMMA will start offering classes in
            > Rapier fencing starting in October.
            >
            > The instructor is Beau Brock who recently moved to Toronto to pursue
            > post graduate studies at U of T. Beau studied Cappo Ferro at Academie
            > Duello in BC, He is both a capable fencer and effective teacher, having
            > received his red cord degree at Academie Duello.
            >
            > AEMMA has ranked him as a visiting Scholar and granted him a license to
            > teach Rapier at the AEMMA Salle D'Armes.
            >
            > AEMMA / Fighting Arts Collective membership is required to attend the
            > classes.
            >
            > Those interested should complete a practice visit request by visiting
            > www.aemma.org

            Aaron Miedema
            Lente autem non celer sum.

          • argh@cogeco.ca
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
              Patience grasshopper.

              I would need to be accepted to U ot T first, and given the depth of my masters it looks like that might not be until
              January 2010. Youch I remember Sci Fi movies set then. Although I do have an agreement in principle for a Dissretation
              with the Institute for the History of Science and Philosophy and the Centre for Renaissance and Reformation Studies to
              study intellectual cross currents and the study of Italian martial arts from 1410 to 1653. AEMMA would figure quite
              nicely, especially with a Capo Fero Guru.

              So we will see, weighing options.

              Aaron Miedema
              Lente autem non celer sum.
            • Aaron Gormanshaw
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
                I have contacted AEMMA asking for information about if this will be offered separately form thier regular training program, when the sessions are, and the fees.  David said he'd get back to me after practice on Sunday.

                I'll post details when I have them...

                Hoskuld

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 27, 2008
                  Count me In!