A member relocating

  • Gwyndaf Garbutt
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
      Greetings all,

      I am a member relocating from the shire of Misty Highlands in Aethelmarc to
      the Canton of Eoforwic in Ealdomere. Does anyone know when and where the
      fencing practices are held in Eoforwic? I am sorry to post this to the
      overall list but the email adress for the Canton given on the kingdom page
      does not appear to work.
      I look forward to meeting and fencing some of you, and thank you for your
      help.

      Allan Meyrick

      (Gwyndaf Garbutt)

    • argh@cogeco.ca
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
        Well mass posting like this is not such a bad thing, it lets all us locals know you have arrived and to bid you welcome.

        Welcome

        Sorry I can't help you with the Eoforwic practices, but I'm out of Greyfells myself.

        Maybe see you at FOOL2 this weekend, there are some nifty Rapier classes and list available in Acton.

        Aaron Miedema
        Lente autem non celer sum.
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
          At 12:05 PM 8/28/2008, you wrote:
          >Greetings all,
          >
          >I am a member relocating from the shire of Misty Highlands in Aethelmarc to
          >the Canton of Eoforwic in Ealdomere. Does anyone know when and where the
          >fencing practices are held in Eoforwic? I am sorry to post this to the
          >overall list but the email adress for the Canton given on the kingdom page
          >does not appear to work.
          >I look forward to meeting and fencing some of you, and thank you for your
          >help.

          I think we're all happy to hear of new arrivals. I'm not exactly
          sure who the current Eoforwic marshal is, but the two prime
          candidates I can think of are on this list. (And they'll probably
          both want to smack me for not remembering for sure.)

          Welcome!

          Eyrny
        • Anna B
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
            Greetings and welcome to our southern cousin!!

            I am 99.9% certain that Lady Jocelyn is continuing to run regular rapier practices at Eoforwic on Sundays.  However their practices relocted within the past year and I do not have information on the new time date.

            There is also a Thursday night raper practice in Skeldergate (northern Toronto) which you would be more than welcome to attend, although I am saddened to admit that we are less populated by fencers Eoforwic.

            And ofcourse there is FOOL this weekend, which promises to be lots and lots of fun, and as Archibals has said 'will have lots of nifty classes'.

            Looking forward to crossing blades at some point in the future.

            in service,
            Rusalka Galbraith,
            Skeldergate Rapier Marshal

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
              Lady Jocelyn is indeed the Canton Rapier Marshal for Eoforwic; however, I too don't know where the practices are anymore.  I will do some digging...

              Mateo de Merida
              KRM

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
                According to some postings on the Eoforwic list, the practices have recently
                moved to T.E. Seton Park in the Don Mills and Overlea area, basically almost
                directly under the Overlea bridge. It is quite close to the Ontario Science
                Centre, and very close to the archery range behind the centre where an
                archery practice happens before the rapier/fight practice. The 25 Don Mills
                bus has a stop in front of the Science Centre and if you follow the road
                down you come to the archery range. I can't recall what time the practice
                starts but 2 pm rings a bell. I'll dig through the Eoforwic list and see if
                I can get you some more info.

                Albrecht

                Deputy KRM, Cut & Thrust

                _____

                --- On Thu, 8/28/08, Anna B <abaginski@rogers.

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
                  Sorry, that would also be on Sundays.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 28, 2008
                    Ok, it's E.T. Seton park, with archery starting at between 11:30 and noon
                    and the fight/rapier practice happening after that, around 2 pm. Here is a
                    map:

                    http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/5tnuut> com/5tnuut

                    This info can also be found on the Eofowic page at:

                    http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/

                    This includes a schedule of upcoming meetings/practices.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 31, 2008
                      Thank you very much. I look forward to meeting you at the next practice.

                      Allan

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
                        Alas, I'm no longer in the fair Citie of Eoforwic, and now dwell far from
                        the White Tower. However, if you do find yourself travelling in the Barony
                        of Ramshaven I can be found in the Canton of Der Welfengau (Guelph) and
                        would appreciate any opportunity to cross blades with you. I may, at some
                        point in the near future, be able to travel to Eoforwic and attend the
                        practice there. In the meantime you will, I am sure, encounter several
                        skilled and wily opponents in the fencers of Eoforwic, especially the
                        current Marshal of Fence Lady Jocelyn.

                        Yours in Service

                        Albrecht, former Bailiff and Alderman of the Royal Citie of Eoforwic

                        Deputy KRM for Cut and Thrust Rapier, Ealdormere

                        _____