RE: [E_Rapier] FOOL - Rapier??

    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 12 11:19 AM
      At 12:30 PM 8/12/2008, you wrote:
      >Hello and yes there is Rapier at FOOL II,
      >
      >As for the MiC, one is needed! Life as it stands for me has made it
      >difficult for me to commit to more than just teaching the two
      >classes that are posted. If you are interested in being MiC for the
      >day, please contact the Autocrat or myself.

      We plan on being there, but haven't thought beyond that. Hoskuld is
      still off the field with a shoulder injury, I hope to fence. If
      nothing else, we can arrange some pick-up space.

      Eyrny
    • argh@cogeco.ca
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 12 11:32 AM
        I'm still alive fear not, but the thesis requires me to keep a fairly low profile. I lurk backwards given the glories
        of webmail--insert explative of choice--, so I might be able to come and do a Giganti class--lunging or playing the
        angles, or any number of classes.

        I'll have to check details but it should not be to much of a problem as I have no schedule I have only work.... It's
        quite nice.... you should all try it sometime.

        =)

        Anyone got a basic cut and thrust class? That could be kind of neat.

        Aaron Miedema
        Lente autem non celer sum.
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 12 11:57 AM
          I have a basic cut & thrust class (Bolognese school, mostly Marozzo/Dal'
          whateverhisnameis) but again, it's fairly unlikely I can make it.

          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 12 12:10 PM
            > I have a basic cut & thrust class (Bolognese school, mostly Marozzo/Dal'
            > whateverhisnameis) but again, it's fairly unlikely I can make it.

            Well I suppose if I'm making the trip I could run one myself, and on the "IF" you show I could easily double as your
            lovely assistant.

            Lace and boots make it easy to switch roles like that.

            =)

            Aaron Miedema
            Lente autem non celer sum.
          • argh@cogeco.ca
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 15 7:39 AM
              OK... Sorry about the length but those who are interested will find it interesting [hopefully].

              So I've contacted the Class organizer and they have said that they would love to have Rapier classes.

              Currently transport is the big kicker, I have someone who is potentially willing to come from Kingston but there are no
              guarantees of that yet. He's also not a SCAdian so you would all have to be nice to him :P

              Is it possible for someone to take me from Toronto if I took the bus that far? This is only if it comes to that, just
              scouting options.

              Conversely if anyone hears tell or knows of someone coming from out Skreal that might have space do tell.

              So I have a few classes that I could run, they are listed below. This is just what I can come up with up the top of my
              head, if anyone has something else to suggest I can see if I can develop something. So take a look and then vote,
              request, suggest.

              I can run upto three of these classes if I'm feeling truly ambitious. Although if there is anyone else out there who is
              interested in teaching I will gleefully keep myself to one or two classes. I figure we have the space and thus should
              use it.

              1) Principles of Giganti (Rapier): A look at the Guards and Lunge of Nicoletto Giganti, covering the elementary
              principles of Time, Measure, Defense, and Circling the Sword. REQUIREMENTS: Mask, Gorget, and SCA legal Rapier [42"+
              variety suggested, but a 36" will work]

              2) Playing the Angles in Giganti (Rapier): An investigation of Giganti's Bind, Feint, and Affront. REQUIREMENTS:
              Mask, Gorget, and SCA legal Rapier [42"+ variety suggested, but a 36" will work]

              3) Introduction Giganti's Rapier and Dagger (Rapier): The basic stance, attack, and defence of Giganti's Rapier and
              Dagger. REQUIREMENTS: Mask, Gorget, SCA legal Rapier [42"+ variety suggested, but a 36" will work], and dagger or
              dagger waster [the dagger will not be use in the attack].

              4) Introduction to Bolognese Sword and Buckler (Cut and Thrust): An introduction to the basic systems of Attack,
              Guards, and Footwork of Marozzo/Dall'Aggochie. REQUIREMENTS: Mask, Gorget, SCA legal Rapier [36" or shorter variety
              suggested], and SCA legal Buckler or Target.

              Lastly I can, if people want toss my copy of Fiore in my bag and run introductory classes on Flos Duelltorum [c. 1410]
              system of wrestling, dagger fighting, or long sword [although the last two would be dependent on what daggers and
              wasters we could scrounge up]. This is interesting stuff though not specifically Rapier. This also could work as
              informal classes to pass the time when we don't have an official classroom.

              Hmmm.... Tavern Brawling classes, Medieval wrestling and Dagger Seminars after hours?

              Ta.

              Aaron Miedema
              Lente autem non celer sum.
            • Anna B
              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 15 8:48 AM
                Ooh ooh! Put me down for the Giganti Sword/Dagger and Tavern brawling please!

                Provided ofcourse it dosn't interfere with the heraldic, embroidery and black hours classes I'm planning on taking.

                The after-hours tavern brawl sounds like it might be a bit of a blast as well :)

                Might be able to arrange for transport from TO, but just waiting to hear back to see if I have a full car. Will keep you posted?

                Cheers,
                R.

                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 15 9:20 AM
                  I'd like to take classes #2, 3, & 4.

                  :>
                  Mateo

                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 22 4:16 PM
                    The coronation autocrat is looking for a rapier marshal. Anyone interested?

                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 22 7:17 PM
                      I will be there and can marshal, but I will have some other
                      responsibilities while I'm there.

                      --j

                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 29 6:19 AM
                        From Gerrard: I shall also be in attendance an can assist as needed.