RE: [E_Rapier] Murder Melee

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 16, 2008
      No worries Albrecht, everyone seemed to be closing up camp by mid-morning and with the sun and heat, the Trino/March St. Martin people decided to call it a weekend and followed suit.  Very glad to hear you didn't show up looking for us as we headed out around 1pm.  I'll be at Trilliums from Friday to Sunday myself so I'll be sure to find you and cross blades with you then!

      Very good movie choice imho.  :>

      The event itself was excellent - The woods battle and then the warlord tourney were a LOT of fun.  Didn't realize how good a tree can be as a rigid parry device when used properly!  (I've fought Pennsic open field battles, but never the woods battle).

      Mateo
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 28, 2009
        Greetings fellow fencers,

        I'm sore and exhausted from teardown and cleanup today, but before I drop for a twelve hour nap, I wanted to thank everyone who attended Murder Melee this weekend. I thought the tournament, considering I had little time to really plan anything, went rather well, and I know everyone who participated in the woods battle loved it. A special thanks to his Majesty for joining us in the woods, and Ed The Red for his advice and instruction on woods melee battles, it was a great lesson for us all. As a brand new marshall, I admit that I was a little nervous, and not quite as prepared as I wanted to be, and any suggestions or comments are appreciated. :)

        Congradulations once again to Eyrny for winning the tournament by a wide margin... to Jessica for winning among fencers authorized less than a year... to Giovanni, for continuing to be an example to the rest of us... and to Nikolai, who for the first time in recent memory, fenced!! lol

        Also, special congradulations to Gerrard, who received a scroll before the rapier tournament, and during court was inducted into the Order of the Wain! Wassail!!

        Yours in service,

        Kurushima Yoshiatsu
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 28, 2009
          Thanks Yoshi!  I had a very fun time.

          Eyrny
        • Nicholas J. Corkigian
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 28, 2009
            And thanks to Yoshi for taking over the duties of Baronial Marshal from me!

            Six long years as BRM had burnt me out a bit, but maybe I'll get a
            little bit of the enthusiasm back under Yoshi's direction. :-)

            On a similar note, could everyone please check their gear bags. My
            dagger scabbard went for a walk on Saturday. It's a PVC tube covered
            with black hockey tape and has copper top and bottom fittings. It
            would be nice to get back. Also gone walking were a pair of brand-new
            Mark's Workhouse gloves that Baudoin loaned me for the day. Much
            appreciated to anyone who can locate these items for me.

            -Nikolai

            On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Paul Perreault<locusthellion@...> wrote:

            > Greetings fellow fencers,
            >
            > I'm sore and exhausted from teardown and cleanup today, but before I drop
            > for a twelve hour nap, I wanted to thank everyone who attended Murder Melee
            > this weekend. I thought the tournament, considering I had little time to
            > really plan anything, went rather well, and I know everyone who participated
            > in the woods battle loved it. A special thanks to his Majesty for joining us
            > in the woods, and Ed The Red for his advice and instruction on woods melee
            > battles, it was a great lesson for us all. As a brand new marshall, I admit
            > that I was a little nervous, and not quite as prepared as I wanted to be,
            > and any suggestions or comments are appreciated. :)
            >
            > Congradulations once again to Eyrny for winning the tournament by a wide
            > margin... to Jessica for winning among fencers authorized less than a
            > year... to Giovanni, for continuing to be an example to the rest of us...
            > and to Nikolai, who for the first time in recent memory, fenced!! lol
            >
            > Also, special congradulations to Gerrard, who received a scroll before the
            > rapier tournament, and during court was inducted into the Order of the Wain!
            > Wassail!!
            >
            > Yours in service,
            >
            > Kurushima Yoshiatsu

          • Yvonne Rogers
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
              Thanks to you as well Yoshi!

              Jocelyne

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Perreault" <locusthellion@...> wrote:

              > Greetings fellow fencers,
              >
              > I'm sore and exhausted from teardown and cleanup today, but before I drop for a twelve hour nap, I wanted to thank everyone who attended Murder Melee this weekend. I thought the tournament, considering I had little time to really plan anything, went rather well, and I know everyone who participated in the woods battle loved it. A special thanks to his Majesty for joining us in the woods, and Ed The Red for his advice and instruction on woods melee battles, it was a great lesson for us all. As a brand new marshall, I admit that I was a little nervous, and not quite as prepared as I wanted to be, and any suggestions or comments are appreciated. :)
              >
              > Congradulations once again to Eyrny for winning the tournament by a wide margin... to Jessica for winning among fencers authorized less than a year... to Giovanni, for continuing to be an example to the rest of us... and to Nikolai, who for the first time in recent memory, fenced!! lol
              >
              > Also, special congradulations to Gerrard, who received a scroll before the rapier tournament, and during court was inducted into the Order of the Wain! Wassail!!
              >
              > Yours in service,
              >
              > Kurushima Yoshiatsu

            • Yvonne Rogers
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
                Hey Baron Nik,

                I don't remeber you ever wearing the flashy cloak you gave to Yoshi..hmm?.

                Jocelyne

                --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Nicholas J. Corkigian" <doctormobius@...> wrote:

                > And thanks to Yoshi for taking over the duties of Baronial Marshal from me!
                >
                > Six long years as BRM had burnt me out a bit, but maybe I'll get a
                > little bit of the enthusiasm back under Yoshi's direction. :-)
                >
                > On a similar note, could everyone please check their gear bags. My
                > dagger scabbard went for a walk on Saturday. It's a PVC tube covered
                > with black hockey tape and has copper top and bottom fittings. It
                > would be nice to get back. Also gone walking were a pair of brand-new
                > Mark's Workhouse gloves that Baudoin loaned me for the day. Much
                > appreciated to anyone who can locate these items for me.
                >
                > -Nikolai
                >
                > On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Paul Perreault<locusthellion@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Greetings fellow fencers,
                > >
                > > I'm sore and exhausted from teardown and cleanup today, but before I drop
                > > for a twelve hour nap, I wanted to thank everyone who attended Murder Melee
                > > this weekend. I thought the tournament, considering I had little time to
                > > really plan anything, went rather well, and I know everyone who participated
                > > in the woods battle loved it. A special thanks to his Majesty for joining us
                > > in the woods, and Ed The Red for his advice and instruction on woods melee
                > > battles, it was a great lesson for us all. As a brand new marshall, I admit
                > > that I was a little nervous, and not quite as prepared as I wanted to be,
                > > and any suggestions or comments are appreciated. :)
                > >
                > > Congradulations once again to Eyrny for winning the tournament by a wide
                > > margin... to Jessica for winning among fencers authorized less than a
                > > year... to Giovanni, for continuing to be an example to the rest of us...
                > > and to Nikolai, who for the first time in recent memory, fenced!! lol
                > >
                > > Also, special congradulations to Gerrard, who received a scroll before the
                > > rapier tournament, and during court was inducted into the Order of the Wain!
                > > Wassail!!
                > >
                > > Yours in service,
                > >
                > > Kurushima Yoshiatsu

              • Nicholas J. Corkigian
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
                  Jocelyn...

                  That's because that cloak is too... special. I felt unworthy to wear
                  such an item, but Yoshi has that certain, je ne sais quoi. I think he
                  can pull it off. :-)

                  -Nikolai

                  > Hey Baron Nik,
                  >
                  > I don't remeber you ever wearing the flashy cloak you gave to Yoshi..hmm?.
                  >
                  > Jocelyne
                • Paul Perreault
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
                    That thing is special alright. lol I believe in court I wore it for the first, and last time. :)

                    Yoshi