RE: [E_Rapier] Murder Melee

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 15, 2008

      I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to cross swords with folks (darned meeting!)
      and I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to playing with me on
      Sunday. Elizabeth wasn't felling very well and I didn't want to have to take
      her out again. I did spend a pleasant afternoon eating the lovely food
      prepared by Asa and watching LOTR: TTT so I didn't suffer much. Hopefully
      I'll get to play with as many of you as possible at Trilliums, as I'm
      planning on being there from Thursday evening until Sunday afternoon.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 16, 2008
        No worries Albrecht, everyone seemed to be closing up camp by mid-morning and with the sun and heat, the Trino/March St. Martin people decided to call it a weekend and followed suit.  Very glad to hear you didn't show up looking for us as we headed out around 1pm.  I'll be at Trilliums from Friday to Sunday myself so I'll be sure to find you and cross blades with you then!

        Very good movie choice imho.  :>

        The event itself was excellent - The woods battle and then the warlord tourney were a LOT of fun.  Didn't realize how good a tree can be as a rigid parry device when used properly!  (I've fought Pennsic open field battles, but never the woods battle).

        Mateo

        ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *********

        a great big Thanks to all who came out to Murder Melee! I had a
        Blast!...Hope everyone else did...

        And for those who didn't make it. You missed his Excellency Nicoli pop
        the question to Allana during court!!COngrats to the happy couple!!!

        Cheers,
        Jocelyne

        .

      • Paul Perreault
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 28, 2009
          Greetings fellow fencers,

          I'm sore and exhausted from teardown and cleanup today, but before I drop for a twelve hour nap, I wanted to thank everyone who attended Murder Melee this weekend. I thought the tournament, considering I had little time to really plan anything, went rather well, and I know everyone who participated in the woods battle loved it. A special thanks to his Majesty for joining us in the woods, and Ed The Red for his advice and instruction on woods melee battles, it was a great lesson for us all. As a brand new marshall, I admit that I was a little nervous, and not quite as prepared as I wanted to be, and any suggestions or comments are appreciated. :)

          Congradulations once again to Eyrny for winning the tournament by a wide margin... to Jessica for winning among fencers authorized less than a year... to Giovanni, for continuing to be an example to the rest of us... and to Nikolai, who for the first time in recent memory, fenced!! lol

          Also, special congradulations to Gerrard, who received a scroll before the rapier tournament, and during court was inducted into the Order of the Wain! Wassail!!

          Yours in service,

          Kurushima Yoshiatsu
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 28, 2009
            Thanks Yoshi!  I had a very fun time.

            Eyrny
          • Nicholas J. Corkigian
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 28, 2009
              And thanks to Yoshi for taking over the duties of Baronial Marshal from me!

              Six long years as BRM had burnt me out a bit, but maybe I'll get a
              little bit of the enthusiasm back under Yoshi's direction. :-)

              On a similar note, could everyone please check their gear bags. My
              dagger scabbard went for a walk on Saturday. It's a PVC tube covered
              with black hockey tape and has copper top and bottom fittings. It
              would be nice to get back. Also gone walking were a pair of brand-new
              Mark's Workhouse gloves that Baudoin loaned me for the day. Much
              appreciated to anyone who can locate these items for me.

              -Nikolai

              On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Paul Perreault<locusthellion@...> wrote:

              > Greetings fellow fencers,
              >
              > I'm sore and exhausted from teardown and cleanup today, but before I drop
              > for a twelve hour nap, I wanted to thank everyone who attended Murder Melee
              > this weekend. I thought the tournament, considering I had little time to
              > really plan anything, went rather well, and I know everyone who participated
              > in the woods battle loved it. A special thanks to his Majesty for joining us
              > in the woods, and Ed The Red for his advice and instruction on woods melee
              > battles, it was a great lesson for us all. As a brand new marshall, I admit
              > that I was a little nervous, and not quite as prepared as I wanted to be,
              > and any suggestions or comments are appreciated. :)
              >
              > Congradulations once again to Eyrny for winning the tournament by a wide
              > margin... to Jessica for winning among fencers authorized less than a
              > year... to Giovanni, for continuing to be an example to the rest of us...
              > and to Nikolai, who for the first time in recent memory, fenced!! lol
              >
              > Also, special congradulations to Gerrard, who received a scroll before the
              > rapier tournament, and during court was inducted into the Order of the Wain!
              > Wassail!!
              >
              > Yours in service,
              >
              > Kurushima Yoshiatsu

            • Yvonne Rogers
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
                Thanks to you as well Yoshi!

                Jocelyne

                --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Perreault" <locusthellion@...> wrote:

                > Greetings fellow fencers,
                >
                > I'm sore and exhausted from teardown and cleanup today, but before I drop for a twelve hour nap, I wanted to thank everyone who attended Murder Melee this weekend. I thought the tournament, considering I had little time to really plan anything, went rather well, and I know everyone who participated in the woods battle loved it. A special thanks to his Majesty for joining us in the woods, and Ed The Red for his advice and instruction on woods melee battles, it was a great lesson for us all. As a brand new marshall, I admit that I was a little nervous, and not quite as prepared as I wanted to be, and any suggestions or comments are appreciated. :)
                >
                > Congradulations once again to Eyrny for winning the tournament by a wide margin... to Jessica for winning among fencers authorized less than a year... to Giovanni, for continuing to be an example to the rest of us... and to Nikolai, who for the first time in recent memory, fenced!! lol
                >
                > Also, special congradulations to Gerrard, who received a scroll before the rapier tournament, and during court was inducted into the Order of the Wain! Wassail!!
                >
                > Yours in service,
                >
                > Kurushima Yoshiatsu

              • Yvonne Rogers
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
                  Hey Baron Nik,

                  I don't remeber you ever wearing the flashy cloak you gave to Yoshi..hmm?.

                  Jocelyne

                  --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Nicholas J. Corkigian" <doctormobius@...> wrote:

                  > And thanks to Yoshi for taking over the duties of Baronial Marshal from me!
                  >
                  > Six long years as BRM had burnt me out a bit, but maybe I'll get a
                  > little bit of the enthusiasm back under Yoshi's direction. :-)
                  >
                  > On a similar note, could everyone please check their gear bags. My
                  > dagger scabbard went for a walk on Saturday. It's a PVC tube covered
                  > with black hockey tape and has copper top and bottom fittings. It
                  > would be nice to get back. Also gone walking were a pair of brand-new
                  > Mark's Workhouse gloves that Baudoin loaned me for the day. Much
                  > appreciated to anyone who can locate these items for me.
                  >
                  > -Nikolai
                  >
                  > On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Paul Perreault<locusthellion@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Greetings fellow fencers,
                  > >
                  > > I'm sore and exhausted from teardown and cleanup today, but before I drop
                  > > for a twelve hour nap, I wanted to thank everyone who attended Murder Melee
                  > > this weekend. I thought the tournament, considering I had little time to
                  > > really plan anything, went rather well, and I know everyone who participated
                  > > in the woods battle loved it. A special thanks to his Majesty for joining us
                  > > in the woods, and Ed The Red for his advice and instruction on woods melee
                  > > battles, it was a great lesson for us all. As a brand new marshall, I admit
                  > > that I was a little nervous, and not quite as prepared as I wanted to be,
                  > > and any suggestions or comments are appreciated. :)
                  > >
                  > > Congradulations once again to Eyrny for winning the tournament by a wide
                  > > margin... to Jessica for winning among fencers authorized less than a
                  > > year... to Giovanni, for continuing to be an example to the rest of us...
                  > > and to Nikolai, who for the first time in recent memory, fenced!! lol
                  > >
                  > > Also, special congradulations to Gerrard, who received a scroll before the
                  > > rapier tournament, and during court was inducted into the Order of the Wain!
                  > > Wassail!!
                  > >
                  > > Yours in service,
                  > >
                  > > Kurushima Yoshiatsu

                • Nicholas J. Corkigian
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
                    Jocelyn...

                    That's because that cloak is too... special. I felt unworthy to wear
                    such an item, but Yoshi has that certain, je ne sais quoi. I think he
                    can pull it off. :-)

                    -Nikolai

                    > Hey Baron Nik,
                    >
                    > I don't remeber you ever wearing the flashy cloak you gave to Yoshi..hmm?.
                    >
                    > Jocelyne
                  • Paul Perreault
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
                      That thing is special alright. lol I believe in court I wore it for the first, and last time. :)

                      Yoshi