Sunday Fencing in Ottawa

  • Bob Roberts
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
      Is there one more Sunday at the community center at
      Preston? If there is, then is everybody planning to
      come out? This would be a great way to say farewell to
      a great place to fence (and be a reason to get out of
      the house for some of you). I look forward to seeing
      you on Sunday. By the way, has there been any
      development in finding a new venue? If not, are people
      willing to meet up somewhere outside on Sundays on a
      temporary basis.
      Chris (aka Bob)

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
        Sadly last week was the last sunday.
        There are no more sunday practices in ottawa for the time being.
        I'm more than happy to meet up outside somewhere. However, I believe
        that this sunday it will be raining.

        --j

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
          What happened to the community center?

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
            We were bumped out for city programs. The same thing is happening to
            groups all over the
            city. It was always a danger, but I think with the Mayor's bbudget
            agenda the centers are being pushed to be more self sufficient and are
            replacing groups who don't bring in any money with programs that do.

            --j

            On 3/30/07, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:
            > What happened to the community center?
            >
            > Eyrny
          • Ross Weaver
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
              We're hoping that it will happen like it has in the past. They replace us
              with a city program that will never float, like "Pilaties for Teens", and in
              a month they are hoping we will come back and use the room so they get at
              least some money.

              ~Wilhelm

              On 3/30/07, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

              > We were bumped out for city programs. The same thing is happening to
              > groups all over the
              > city. It was always a danger, but I think with the Mayor's bbudget
              > agenda the centers are being pushed to be more self sufficient and are
              > replacing groups who don't bring in any money with programs that do.
              >
              > --j
              >
              > On 3/30/07, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...<kgormanshaw%40rogers.com>>
              > wrote:
              > > What happened to the community center?
              > >
              > > Eyrny

            • Bob Roberts
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
                Noooooooooooooooo!
                Well, I have a double tennis court behind my building,
                as well as a large field on the other side of the
                train tracks.
                Chris