RE: [E_Rapier] getting back into it

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 10, 2008
      I know for a fact that there will be at least two marshalls there...

      However, ultimately it's up to the Marshal in Charge for the event.

      Cainder
      just a Constable...for now.

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
      Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

      >From: "ME" <menzinas@...>
      >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [E_Rapier] getting back into it
      >Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 03:43:43 -0000
      >
      >ello1
      >
      > I'd like ot get back into fencing. Is it possible to have a
      >re-authorization at Trillies in a few weeks?
      >
      >-Lucia

    • ME
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 10, 2008
        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Wyatt" <kgarlow@...> wrote:

        > I know for a fact that there will be at least two marshalls there...

        Which two marshalls will that be?

        > However, ultimately it's up to the Marshal in Charge for the event.

        Who is the marshal in charge?

        -Lucia
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 10, 2008
          I believe the MiC is Lady Rusalka Galbraith.

          I will be there as well.

          Also, I suspect there will be a few people as that is the Event for our next Rapier Moot.

          In Service,

          Mateo de Merida

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 10, 2008
            >From: "ME" <menzinas@...>
            >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: getting back into it
            >Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:45:29 -0000
            >
            >--- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Wyatt" <kgarlow@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I know for a fact that there will be at least two marshalls there...
            > >

            >Which two marshalls will that be?

            Our KRM, Lord Mateo will be there and I'm hoping that I'll be promotable
            from Constable to Marshal again by Trilliums...though I expect that a few
            other's will be attending any way.

            > > However, ultimately it's up to the Marshal in Charge for the event.
            > >

            >Who is the marshal in charge? asked Lucia

            Dunno...the web site has only just made it online...
            http://ealdormere.ca/trilliumwar.htm

            Anyone else know who's MIC for Trilliums? Any other Marshals going to be in
            attendance at this event?

            Cainder

            @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 10, 2008
              I'll be there, hopefully for Saturday and Sunday, as I live a half an hour
              away from the site:-).

              http://ealdormere. <http://ealdormere.ca/trilliumwar.htm> ca/trilliumwar.htm

              MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@sympatico. <mailto:kgarlow%40sympatico.ca> ca
              Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
              @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
              hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

              >->

            • Anna B
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 10, 2008
                Greetings,

                Yup, I will be MiCing Trillies again this year.

                Don't have as much info as with years past, I'm hoping that we'll be receiving the same space as last year, but the autocrats are different, so.. we'll just have to see.

                Love the idea of getting more fencers re-authorized etc. *However* The one year that we had allowed authorizations to take place, those were not directly participating in the authorizations were left sitting in the sun getting bored.

                *Provided* that we have sufficient space to safely and comfortably hold two lists, the authorization can take place in one, supervised by the two volunteering, and previosly cleared by me marshals, and one of the scheduled tourneys can take place in the other.

                Alternatively, we can get Lucia re-authorized first thing in the am *before* the inspections/tourneys etc. take place, which would really be my idea solution.

                YiS,
                Rusalka

                PS Lucia if you're coming to Trillies, doest aht mean that you'll be dragging that deadly husband of yours along with you? Woot!

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 10, 2008
                  --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Anna B <abaginski@...> wrote:

                  > Greetings,
                  [snip]
                  > Alternatively, we can get Lucia re-authorized first thing in the
                  am *before* the inspections/tourneys etc. take place, which would
                  really be my idea solution.

                  re-authed before the hot sun comes up? I'll even bring the
                  coffee/tea/water/beer/onions. Let me know what I need.

                  > PS Lucia if you're coming to Trillies, doest aht mean that you'll
                  be dragging that deadly husband of yours along with you? Woot!

                  Yes, and we just came back from a WMA seminar and plenty of new stuff
                  to play with from Bob Charron. Your best hope is that he hasn't
                  actually integrated any of it.

                  We just have to remind him that grappling and pommel bashing still are
                  not legal and I'm sure no one will get hurt.

                  -Lucia
                • Anna B
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 11, 2008
                    Typically I'm a fairly early riser, as are a good portion fo my household. Greeting the sun with beer/onions and a fresh re-authorization sounds grand, provided that we can get another marshal to join us. The added benefit ofcourse being that once re-authorized you'll be able to fully participate in the fun of the day.

                    Pommel bashing and grappling aside I can't wait to see what new tricks Giovanni has picked up. Playing with him is always a pleasure, my biggest regret, as always, is that we don't get to do so nearly as often as I'd like :(

                    Looking forward to seeing you both in a few short weeks.

                    In service,
                    Rusalka

                    ME <menzinas@...> wrote:
                    --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Anna B <abaginski@...> wrote: