RBG

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008

      I picked up a small, wooden rubber band gun from a toy store in Gananoque
      this weekend. It looks a bit modern, something I can hopefully change, but
      the neatest thing about it is the firing mechanism. It has a toothed wheel
      that is allowed to rotate a bit when the trigger is pulled. The rubber band
      is pulled over one of the teeth and when the trigger is pulled the wheel
      rotates under tension which brings the band into position and it is
      released. It is set up to fire regular household rubber bands but I was
      wondering if anyone has tried one of these with surgical tubing ammo? If
      not, I was hoping to bring it to Murder Melee to test it and see if it was
      worth doing some conversion work on it to make it look more like a period
      pistol (extend the barrel, remove the trigger guard, maybe change the shape
      of the grip etc.). It only cost $2 so if it doesn't work it's no big loss to
      me.