Fencing formats ???

    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2008
      So all of you MIC's for the next few events...

      What are the proposed fencing formats ???

      Thanks Gerrard

    • Nicholas J. Corkigian
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
        Hello Gerrard...

        I'm still musing over the finalized format for Murder Melee, but so far the
        plans are to have:

        A friday night torch tourney - most likely round robin, unless numbers
        suggest double elim
        A late saturday morning melee "workshop" that Garreth has kindly agreed to
        field for us
        A saturday afternoon woods battle - most likely an escort mission
        The Melee favourite of a plank battle - bear pit style
        An MIT course that Mateo suggested might be possible if there was enough
        interest

        As usual, we tend to have enough time to run the scenarios more than once,
        so we can play with different factors each time.

        We will probably need a few extra marshals for the woods battle, but if we
        run that a few times, we can always switch out marshals so everyone gets a
        change to play. Volunteers please? :-)

        -Nikolai

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
          I'll be happy to assist with Marshalling for Melee.

          Cainder
          currently a Constable

          @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
          MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
          Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
          @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
          hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

          >From: "Nicholas J. Corkigian" <doctormobius@...>
          >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Fencing formats ???
          >Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 02:10:35 -0400
          >
          >Hello Gerrard...
          >
          >I'm still musing over the finalized format for Murder Melee, but so far the
          >plans are to have:
          >
          >A friday night torch tourney - most likely round robin, unless numbers
          >suggest double elim
          >A late saturday morning melee "workshop" that Garreth has kindly agreed to
          >field for us
          >A saturday afternoon woods battle - most likely an escort mission
          >The Melee favourite of a plank battle - bear pit style
          >An MIT course that Mateo suggested might be possible if there was enough
          >interest
          >
          >As usual, we tend to have enough time to run the scenarios more than once,
          >so we can play with different factors each time.
          >
          >We will probably need a few extra marshals for the woods battle, but if we
          >run that a few times, we can always switch out marshals so everyone gets a
          >change to play. Volunteers please? :-)
          >
          >-Nikolai
          >
          > So all of you MIC's for the next few events...
          > >
          > > What are the proposed fencing formats ???
          > >
          > > Thanks Gerrard

        • Anna B
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
            Sure I'll take a turn marshalling, so long as I get to go through the woods at least once!

            Rusalka

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
              I too would be willing to help.

              Mateo