RE: [E_Rapier] Rapiers for Purchase

    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2008
      They aren't schlager blades so they are slightly diamond in cross section
      with a good taper to the end and a welded button at the tip. They are good
      for both heavy rapier and C&T. Here is a link to the Hanwei site and a
      picture of the blade:

      http://www.hanweishop.com/proddetail.php?prod=OH1061

      Unfortunately I didn't get any price info from the merchant.

      I find that, despite the fact they tend to be a bit heavier than a schlager,
      the heavy rapier blades like the Hanewi are considerably better balanced and
      certainly a lot more realistic looking.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2008
        The merchant did send me a picture of the swords. One of them is hilted with
        a Darkwood Pappenhiemer hilt and the other has a double shell guard. Both
        are post period hilts but I've gotten a lot less picky about that. I'll try
        to post the picture to the photos section of the Yahoo group.