Re: [RapierMarshals] Re: Broken Sword

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007
      Hi John,

      Thank you for posting this and sending the pictures.

      I'm going to dig through some of the KRM List threads,
      but I think I remember hearing about something like
      this before concerning these blades.

      I will get back you and everyone else on this topic.

      If anyone else has a Hanwei Pratical Rapier purchased
      from 5 years ago give your blade a close inspection
      looking for any potential signs of failure:
      1) Nicks, gouges, scratches, etc.
      2) S-Curve bends or short C-bends (less than 1/3 of
      the blade
      3) Significant loss of, or significant increase in
      flexibility of the blade since you first purchased it.
      4) Any difference in colouring of the blade along
      it's length.

      Let me know if you find anything relating to no 3 and
      no 4 of the above. They are indicators of a potential
      failure mode caused by the manufacture of the blade
      and/or it's history of use.

      In Service,

      Mateo

      http://flickr.com/photos/96369663@N00/sets/72157600025812819/