Rapiers for Purchase

    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2008

      I have recently been informed that Mythical Merchant is going to be selling
      Hanwei stuff on behalf of Glorimyr Galbraith. They will be at Spring Tune Up
      this coming weekend and will have two Hanwei practical rapier blades
      (oH1061) mounted in Darkwood hilts. Yummy!

      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2008
        From Gerrard are they oval or diamond ??
        How much ??

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2008
          They aren't schlager blades so they are slightly diamond in cross section
          with a good taper to the end and a welded button at the tip. They are good
          for both heavy rapier and C&T. Here is a link to the Hanwei site and a
          picture of the blade:

          http://www.hanweishop.com/proddetail.php?prod=OH1061

          Unfortunately I didn't get any price info from the merchant.

          I find that, despite the fact they tend to be a bit heavier than a schlager,
          the heavy rapier blades like the Hanewi are considerably better balanced and
          certainly a lot more realistic looking.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2008
            The merchant did send me a picture of the swords. One of them is hilted with
            a Darkwood Pappenhiemer hilt and the other has a double shell guard. Both
            are post period hilts but I've gotten a lot less picky about that. I'll try
            to post the picture to the photos section of the Yahoo group.