Melee's / an opinion only

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2008
      From Gerrard: Actually if we have room and another marshal is available and willing we could have a standard " Bear Pit " or other such tournament at Ragnarock. My only desire was to have as many people fencing as possible. While I truly applaud the efforts of all those assisting in making Ealdormere stronger in melee' , melee' is actually my least favourite type of fencing.
      I like two vs. one and at times 3 vs. 3 after that ... meh !
      I absolutely did not enjoy the massive Pennsic melee's ( I participated because I had given my word that I would assist ). Mostly it was a tangle of blades then an opponent died then a tangle of blades and one of us died. ( plus some interesting safety issues ) In my opinion .
      Again ....
      I truly applaud the efforts of all those assisting in making Ealdormere stronger in melee'.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2008
        There is no Ragnarok this year. Septentrian booked their 30th
        anniversary on our traditional date. We are hosting Crown tourney the
        next week-end. There is fencing at Crown.

        Alyce

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2008
          Hmmm I thought it was a combo thing as stated on the web page .....?? Kingdom of Ealdormere Crown Tournament at Ragnarok
          May 23 - 25, 2008
          Blue Sprints Scout Reserve