KRM Letter to the Tidings for May, 2008

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 9:41 AM
      Greetings unto the List,

      Below is a copy of my letter to the May Tidings.

      ***********************
      Greetings Fellow Rapier Combatants,

      A short missive this time, or at least “shorter” this
      time! I have just a couple of reminders as we enter
      into the outdoor season, heavy with tournaments and
      melees.

      Keep yourself hydrated and watch for overheating!
      While this advice is good the year round, it is even
      more important when fighting in the warm sun. You
      should always be sweating, have little to no blush in
      the face, and need to use the lady or lord’s room from
      time to time. These are the three simple things I
      look for in myself, and if one of these three doesn’t
      apply, I take a rest in the shade and find some water
      and some savory snacks or fruit.

      Keep a close eye on your equipment and armour.
      Make sure you have a valid Fighter Authorization card
      (meaning your amour has been drop tested within two
      years), and ensure there are no frayed or thing areas.
      Check your mask for frayed and thin areas, as well as
      ensure there is no rust or major dents in the mesh.
      Check your Rapiers and daggers and file or use a
      burnisher or cold steel to work out any nicks in the
      blade. Nicks and dents in your blade are what lead to
      broken blades... take care to protect your investment.

      Have fun, but know when to call it a day
      Please come out to play and have fun, win tournaments,
      or die gloriously in melee. Just know that it’s time
      to call it a day and find refreshment when you’ve been
      fighting for a few hours and your opponents start to
      suggest you’re hitting a little hard, or you’re
      noticing you’re just not getting those shots in like
      you were an hour or two ago. These are signs of
      exhaustion, which can creep up on you when in the
      middle of fun under the sun. Let’s keep everyone safe
      and having fun.

      For the Marshals… with the spring comes report time!
      Check the reporting schedule to ensure you get your
      report in on time.

      In Service,

      Senor Mateo de Merida
      Kingdom Rapier Marshal for Ealdormere