RE: [E_Rapier] coronation

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2008
      I will bring both mask and armor testers with me (and hopefully Mateo too!)
      to Coronation.

      Cainder

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
      Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24 8:02 AM

        I'm planning on being at Coronation and I was wondering when fencing
        activities are going to be starting. I just want to know how early I'm going
        to have to get up to make it there on time.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24 3:57 PM
          From Gerrard: I shall be in attendance and arriving fairly early so that I may step down with King Trumbrand and Queen Kaylah: I always have my drop tester and mask tester ;-)
          As for the theme of ten you could do a dance card ( those recipe cards you get at the dollar store work well and are cheap )
          Each person must have a total of ten opponents :
          Each person must select say three ( could be four or five ) opponents of say experience ( have been fencing a long time ) more than 5 - 8 years
          Then add say three ( could be four or five ) opponents they feel are equal to there own skill.
          Then add must play every weapon form you are authorized in. ( to make up the difference )
          Lots of sharpened pencils ... ( for keeping score ) Each person scores themselves.
          Any ties are decided by best two out of three or round robin.
          Now mind you since I have 10 and everyone has 10 then there should be a whack load of fencing !!
          I shall bring my list ropes and will assist as much as I can. ( except during the stepping down time )

          ********
          Hold the field against a stream of ten ?? a mix of experience ...
          Again 10 times the number of fencers that show up could be a lot of fencing.....
          If lots of fencers than two lists would help expedite matters.

          To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com

          Okay I am the marshal for coronation fencing.

          It is outdoors only so dress appropriately, we are hoping for no
          rain. All the fighting is outside.

          It is the champions tourney for his soon to be Majesty. Her soon to
          be Majesty said I can do what ever I want as long as there is a winner
          at the end.

          Here is where I need help. I want to have the most fun we can have,
          and the most fencing, but I want to try and keep to her theme of ten.

          any ideas

          aibhilin

          Ps can someone bring a drop tester and mask tester I need to have my
          stuff tested and my card stamped.

          [

          .

        • leslie falzone
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24 4:03 PM
            It sounds great, I will see what I can do. I have to work tommorrow and I have a lot to do prior to the event. No worries about the step down time I thinki we will busy as well.

            thank you for the list ropes

            see you then