Re-Post of Agenda for Kingdom Rapier Moot at SSXS

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2008
      Greetings Everyone,

      Please find below a repost of the Agenda as it stands
      for the Rapier Moot to be held after feast at Silk
      Slippers and Crossed Swords. If you have other
      items/issues you would like to discuss we will address
      them in order after the attached Agenda with the same
      concern and diligence.

      Agenda:

      1) Engaging a sitting combatant -- should we institute
      the convention of 180 or 120 degree engagement
      limitation in our Kingdom Rules?

      2) Legged Combatants -- should we allow legged
      combatants to kneel or sit? Present rules limit the
      legged combatant to sit and not rise up.

      3) Clarification of Groin puncture resistant armour –
      does the groin include the inside thigh, or just the
      genital area? Should we tighten up the wording for
      our Kingdom Rules or are we happy with the existing
      wording?

      4) Tip Cuts: Note #1 in our current rules states:
      "1. The Corporation allows Kingdoms to determine the
      validity of tip cuts. In Ealdormere, tip cuts are
      accepted at the discretion of the combatant receiving
      the blow."
      The KRM proposes that this note be directly referenced
      in section 4.0 "Acknowledgement of Blows" as Notes #2
      and #3 have be directly referenced for clarity, or be
      removed to return to Society minimums.

      5) MiT and CiT training process, specifically does
      the RMiC have to directly supervise and sign the
      RMiT/RCiT's form?
      The Training process for a RMiT/RCiT is a procedure
      and set of requirements for warranting an officer for
      the Rapier activity as per article VI-800 of Kingdom
      Law, therefore if we wish to vary our procedure from
      the Armoured Combatant Handbook we must have it
      separately defined in the Rapier Rules and approved
      under article VI-801 of Kingdom Law. Ealdormere's
      Armoured Combatant Handbook requires the Marshal in
      Charge observe and sign-off on the progress of
      Marshals in Training at Events.

      6) Results of the experiment regarding Darkwood's
      SCA-tailored blunts held within Ealdormere, and
      discussion on the feedback from other Kingdoms. While
      these blunts meet Society minimums, Ealdormere's
      current rules state:
      "Tips will have a blunt striking surface, representing
      a cross-section of at least 3/8 inch (9mm) diameter,
      and must contain a rigid metal barrier between the
      blade and the tip to prevent wear-through"

      In Service,

      Senor Mateo de Merida
      KRM Ealdormere

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?