Silken Slippers

  • c_bakema
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2008
      I know there will be no official time set aside for authorizations but
      I was wondering if it would be possible to have a quick one earlier in
      the day.
      My boyfriend's card has recently expired, by a week or maybe to and he
      would very much like to participate in the fencing at the event. Does
      any one know who he should email/speak to, to get something set up?
      Thanks in advance.

      - Corri
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2008
        Replied to off list.

        Albrecht

        RMIC, SS&CS

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2008
          Would it be possible for anyone who will be marshaling at the event to
          email me if they think they might be able to make it a little early to
          do a quick authorization?

          - Corri

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
              I believe Chase only needs single, if there is time he's hoping on
              case too, but is fine on waiting until winter war for that.
              I understand about the weather, we are coming from St. Thomas so I'm
              pretty sure our weather patterns are fairly close. Or maybe not; I
              never was good at geography.
              We are hoping to get to the site around 8, or shortly there after to
              offer our services in setting up. (The faster things go up the better
              chance of him getting authorized.)
              Hope to see you there and have a good week in between :)

              - Corri

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "thltoymaker" <thltoymaker@...>
              wrote:

              > Greetings from THl Gerrard Carpentarius.. I have every intention of
              arriving early ( mind you I am coming from Sarnia and weather can
              be ?? ) If I am there seek me out and one other marshal and we shall
              make magic happen !! What authorization(s ) do you need ?
            • Bates Family
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
                I don't wish to be rude or sound snarky. However site opens at 9 am.
                That is when we have planned for troll will be open. We're pretty well
                organized for set up. Having more people come early will just mean
                troll has to be open early and we'll have too many people milling about
                to make set up easy.
                I realize that you want to get your authorization in, but please make it
                after we're officially open just for our sanity and simplicity of
                organization. Having seen the schedule, should Albrecht allow
                authorizations, you should have plenty of time.
                Thanks anyway for the offer to help. Those are always appreciated. Of
                course, should you wish to extend that offer to help clean up. That is
                where we tend to always need help. :)
                Odette

                --
                PK
              • c_bakema
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
                  No, not snarky at all.
                  I'd just like to mention that I have been talking with Albrecht and I
                  was given the impression that coming early to help would be fine.
                  his words were
                  "Â…and if you are there earlier to help out that would make things
                  easier on me"
                  It's entirely possible that I've misunderstood and if so I apologize.
                  I have no problem being early to help, or staying away so as to not
                  get in the way.
                  - Corri