Re: [E_Rapier] Rapier Practice

  • David Whitford
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
      ...is that suppose to be fierce?
      Robert
      pesky southerner still hanging around
      --- Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
      wrote:

      > At 03:59 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
      > > There has been talk, amongst some of the
      > armoured combattants of
      > > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on
      > a monthly
      > > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live
      > out that way and
      > > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn
      > to fence? I'm
      > > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener
      > as well, on the
      > > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are
      > scary and mean
      > > (grin) so I think
      >
      > gggrrrrrrrr.....

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
        At 05:46 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
        >I am thinking of crossing the border (Lewiston, or Niagara Falls)
        >occasionally if there is a rapier practice within a reasonable
        >distance. Reasonable distance changes depending on if practice is on
        >the weekend or a week night.
        >Could anyone enlighten me as to what practices (and when) might be
        >on your side of the border?
        >Thanks
        >Irene
        >In AEthelmearc but willing to travel to visit practices occasionally

        The closest I know is Hamilton on Monday nights, and they were in a
        bit of a lull.

        Eyrny
      • Leslie Falzone
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
          I would love to but I am rusty as well, anyone else?

          aibhilin
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
            At 05:58 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
            >...is that suppose to be fierce?

            It's the best I can do over email

            Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting people
            off-kilter by grinning at them :o)

            Eyrny
          • Nicholas J. Corkigian
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
              Hamilton is definitely in a bit of a lull, but we certainly welcome people
              who want to come out and play with us. Because of our lull, practices are
              only every other week during the winter months, so be sure to check our web
              page to find out what day we're practicing.
              http://ealdormere.ca/bendunfirth/Main.htm

              -Nikolai

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 1 9:23 AM
                > Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting
                > people
                > off-kilter by grinning at them :o)
                >
                > Eyrny

                Yes Indeedy!

                Mateo

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • David Whitford
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 1 9:48 AM
                  Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                  Robert
                  (often accused of such)
                  wrote:

                  > At 05:58 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                  > >...is that suppose to be fierce?
                  >
                  > It's the best I can do over email
                  >
                  > Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting
                  > people
                  > off-kilter by grinning at them :o)

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 1 10:14 AM
                    At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                    >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                    >Robert
                    >(often accused of such)

                    It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right over.

                    Eyrny
                  • David Whitford
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 1 11:02 AM
                      I'll have to do some research on that
                      (wonder if I can get a grant)
                      wrote:

                      > At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                      > >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                      > >Robert
                      > >(often accused of such)
                      >
                      > It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right
                      > over.

                      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                    • Garry Campbell
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 1 11:22 AM
                        Weebles wobble but they dont fall down!

                        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Whitford <dbw6969@...> wrote:

                        > I'll have to do some research on that
                        > (wonder if I can get a grant)
                        > --- Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                        > wrote:
                        >
                        > > At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                        > > >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                        > > >Robert
                        > > >(often accused of such)
                        > >
                        > > It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right
                        > > over.
                        > >
                        > > Eyrny

                        > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                      • David Whitford
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 1 1:02 PM
                          Oh good! Help on premise #1 to test

                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 9 11:00 AM

                            I will be attending the Der Welfengau meeting this evening but I will not be
                            brining my fencing gear. I'm getting over a tummy bug and I don't think
                            fencing would be a good idea yet.

                            Fencing will start up the following week. We are in room 315 of the
                            Mackinnon building on the University of Guelph campus from 7:30 until 9:30.