RE: [E_Rapier] Rapier Practice

  • Wendy Colbert
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
      I am thinking of crossing the border (Lewiston, or Niagara Falls) occasionally if there is a rapier practice within a reasonable distance. Reasonable distance changes depending on if practice is on the weekend or a week night.
      Could anyone enlighten me as to what practices (and when) might be on your side of the border?
      Thanks
      Irene
      In AEthelmearc but willing to travel to visit practices occasionally
    • David Whitford
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
        ...is that suppose to be fierce?
        Robert
        pesky southerner still hanging around
        --- Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
        wrote:

        > At 03:59 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
        > > There has been talk, amongst some of the
        > armoured combattants of
        > > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on
        > a monthly
        > > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live
        > out that way and
        > > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn
        > to fence? I'm
        > > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener
        > as well, on the
        > > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are
        > scary and mean
        > > (grin) so I think
        >
        > gggrrrrrrrr.....

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
          At 05:46 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
          >I am thinking of crossing the border (Lewiston, or Niagara Falls)
          >occasionally if there is a rapier practice within a reasonable
          >distance. Reasonable distance changes depending on if practice is on
          >the weekend or a week night.
          >Could anyone enlighten me as to what practices (and when) might be
          >on your side of the border?
          >Thanks
          >Irene
          >In AEthelmearc but willing to travel to visit practices occasionally

          The closest I know is Hamilton on Monday nights, and they were in a
          bit of a lull.

          Eyrny
        • Leslie Falzone
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
            I would love to but I am rusty as well, anyone else?

            aibhilin
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
              At 05:58 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
              >...is that suppose to be fierce?

              It's the best I can do over email

              Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting people
              off-kilter by grinning at them :o)

              Eyrny
            • Nicholas J. Corkigian
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                Hamilton is definitely in a bit of a lull, but we certainly welcome people
                who want to come out and play with us. Because of our lull, practices are
                only every other week during the winter months, so be sure to check our web
                page to find out what day we're practicing.
                http://ealdormere.ca/bendunfirth/Main.htm

                -Nikolai

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                  > Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting
                  > people
                  > off-kilter by grinning at them :o)
                  >
                  > Eyrny

                  Yes Indeedy!

                  Mateo

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • David Whitford
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                    Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                    Robert
                    (often accused of such)
                    wrote:

                    > At 05:58 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                    > >...is that suppose to be fierce?
                    >
                    > It's the best I can do over email
                    >
                    > Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting
                    > people
                    > off-kilter by grinning at them :o)

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                      At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                      >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                      >Robert
                      >(often accused of such)

                      It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right over.

                      Eyrny
                    • David Whitford
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                        I'll have to do some research on that
                        (wonder if I can get a grant)
                        wrote:

                        > At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                        > >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                        > >Robert
                        > >(often accused of such)
                        >
                        > It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right
                        > over.

                        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                      • Garry Campbell
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                          Weebles wobble but they dont fall down!

                          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Whitford <dbw6969@...> wrote:

                          > I'll have to do some research on that
                          > (wonder if I can get a grant)
                          > --- Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > > At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                          > > >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                          > > >Robert
                          > > >(often accused of such)
                          > >
                          > > It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right
                          > > over.
                          > >
                          > > Eyrny

                          > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                        • David Whitford
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                            Oh good! Help on premise #1 to test

                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010

                              I will be attending the Der Welfengau meeting this evening but I will not be
                              brining my fencing gear. I'm getting over a tummy bug and I don't think
                              fencing would be a good idea yet.

                              Fencing will start up the following week. We are in room 315 of the
                              Mackinnon building on the University of Guelph campus from 7:30 until 9:30.