Re: [E_Rapier] Rapier Practice

  • Anna B
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
      Seee! Seee!! Scary!

      and mean

      R.

      Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:
      At 03:59 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
      > There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of
      > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly
      > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and
      > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm
      > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the
      > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean
      > (grin) so I think

      gggrrrrrrrr.....

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
        That any way to talk about your grand pappy and great grand parents? :-)

        > There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of
        > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly
        > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and
        > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm
        > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the
        > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean
        > (grin) so I think

        gggrrrrrrrr.....

      • Anna B
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
          But you didn't say I was wrong!!

          Besides, I thought my grand pappy and great grand parents would be pleased to know that I think they're all a bunch of evil killers :)

          R.

          Eve Harris & David Stamper <evedave1@...> wrote:
          That any way to talk about your grand pappy and great grand parents? :-)

          > There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of
          > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly
          > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and
          > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm
          > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the
          > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean
          > (grin) so I think

          gggrrrrrrrr.....

        • Wendy Colbert
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
            I am thinking of crossing the border (Lewiston, or Niagara Falls) occasionally if there is a rapier practice within a reasonable distance. Reasonable distance changes depending on if practice is on the weekend or a week night.
            Could anyone enlighten me as to what practices (and when) might be on your side of the border?
            Thanks
            Irene
            In AEthelmearc but willing to travel to visit practices occasionally
          • David Whitford
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
              ...is that suppose to be fierce?
              Robert
              pesky southerner still hanging around
              wrote:

              > At 03:59 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
              > > There has been talk, amongst some of the
              > armoured combattants of
              > > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on
              > a monthly
              > > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live
              > out that way and
              > > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn
              > to fence? I'm
              > > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener
              > as well, on the
              > > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are
              > scary and mean
              > > (grin) so I think
              >
              > gggrrrrrrrr.....

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                At 05:46 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                >I am thinking of crossing the border (Lewiston, or Niagara Falls)
                >occasionally if there is a rapier practice within a reasonable
                >distance. Reasonable distance changes depending on if practice is on
                >the weekend or a week night.
                >Could anyone enlighten me as to what practices (and when) might be
                >on your side of the border?
                >Thanks
                >Irene
                >In AEthelmearc but willing to travel to visit practices occasionally

                The closest I know is Hamilton on Monday nights, and they were in a
                bit of a lull.

                Eyrny
              • Leslie Falzone
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                  I would love to but I am rusty as well, anyone else?

                  aibhilin
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                    At 05:58 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                    >...is that suppose to be fierce?

                    It's the best I can do over email

                    Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting people
                    off-kilter by grinning at them :o)

                    Eyrny
                  • Nicholas J. Corkigian
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                      Hamilton is definitely in a bit of a lull, but we certainly welcome people
                      who want to come out and play with us. Because of our lull, practices are
                      only every other week during the winter months, so be sure to check our web
                      page to find out what day we're practicing.
                      http://ealdormere.ca/bendunfirth/Main.htm

                      -Nikolai

                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                        > Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting
                        > people
                        > off-kilter by grinning at them :o)
                        >
                        > Eyrny

                        Yes Indeedy!

                        Mateo

                        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                      • David Whitford
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                          Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                          Robert
                          (often accused of such)
                          wrote:

                          > At 05:58 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                          > >...is that suppose to be fierce?
                          >
                          > It's the best I can do over email
                          >
                          > Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting
                          > people
                          > off-kilter by grinning at them :o)

                          Be a better friend, newshound, and
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                            At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                            >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                            >Robert
                            >(often accused of such)

                            It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right over.

                            Eyrny
                          • David Whitford
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                              I'll have to do some research on that
                              (wonder if I can get a grant)
                              wrote:

                              > At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                              > >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                              > >Robert
                              > >(often accused of such)
                              >
                              > It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right
                              > over.

                              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                            • Garry Campbell
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                                Weebles wobble but they dont fall down!

                                --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Whitford <dbw6969@...> wrote:

                                > I'll have to do some research on that
                                > (wonder if I can get a grant)
                                > --- Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                                > wrote:
                                >
                                > > At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                                > > >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                                > > >Robert
                                > > >(often accused of such)
                                > >
                                > > It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right
                                > > over.
                                > >
                                > > Eyrny

                                > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                              • David Whitford
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                                  Oh good! Help on premise #1 to test

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010

                                    I will be attending the Der Welfengau meeting this evening but I will not be
                                    brining my fencing gear. I'm getting over a tummy bug and I don't think
                                    fencing would be a good idea yet.

                                    Fencing will start up the following week. We are in room 315 of the
                                    Mackinnon building on the University of Guelph campus from 7:30 until 9:30.