Rapier Practice

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008

      If everything goes well I will be a rapier practice in Kitchener this
      evening, so if you're looking for an opportunity to beat up on a very rusty
      Albrecht, here's your chance.

      Albrecht
    • Anna B
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
        Dang.. and I'll be at a totally thrilling Board meeting this evening...

        Speaking of *extremely* rusty however, I would really like to start putting on some armour again, and maybe even get back to something resembling fighting shape before all of our lovely outdoor events start up again.

        At the moment there is nothing even remotely resembling a rapier practice taking place in my home canton, so I will need to be travelling far and wide.

        There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean (grin) so I think maybe I'll just wait a bit before showing my face there again...

        still in extremely rusty rapier,
        Rusalka

        Greetings!

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
          At 03:59 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
          > There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of
          > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly
          > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and
          > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm
          > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the
          > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean
          > (grin) so I think

          gggrrrrrrrr.....

          Eyrny
        • Anna B
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
            Seee! Seee!! Scary!

            and mean

            R.

            Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:
            At 03:59 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
            > There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of
            > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly
            > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and
            > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm
            > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the
            > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean
            > (grin) so I think

            gggrrrrrrrr.....

            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
              That any way to talk about your grand pappy and great grand parents? :-)

              > There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of
              > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly
              > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and
              > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm
              > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the
              > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean
              > (grin) so I think

              gggrrrrrrrr.....

            • Anna B
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                But you didn't say I was wrong!!

                Besides, I thought my grand pappy and great grand parents would be pleased to know that I think they're all a bunch of evil killers :)

                R.

                Eve Harris & David Stamper <evedave1@...> wrote:
                That any way to talk about your grand pappy and great grand parents? :-)

                > There has been talk, amongst some of the armoured combattants of
                > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on a monthly
                > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live out that way and
                > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn to fence? I'm
                > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener as well, on the
                > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are scary and mean
                > (grin) so I think

                gggrrrrrrrr.....

              • Wendy Colbert
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                  I am thinking of crossing the border (Lewiston, or Niagara Falls) occasionally if there is a rapier practice within a reasonable distance. Reasonable distance changes depending on if practice is on the weekend or a week night.
                  Could anyone enlighten me as to what practices (and when) might be on your side of the border?
                  Thanks
                  Irene
                  In AEthelmearc but willing to travel to visit practices occasionally
                • David Whitford
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                    ...is that suppose to be fierce?
                    Robert
                    pesky southerner still hanging around
                    wrote:

                    > At 03:59 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                    > > There has been talk, amongst some of the
                    > armoured combattants of
                    > > venturing out to the far reaches of "Hamilton" on
                    > a monthly
                    > > basis. Are there any rapier combattants that live
                    > out that way and
                    > > might be willing/interested in helping me re-learn
                    > to fence? I'm
                    > > also strongly considering going out to Kitchener
                    > as well, on the
                    > > odd Thursday, but the people who play there are
                    > scary and mean
                    > > (grin) so I think
                    >
                    > gggrrrrrrrr.....

                    Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                      At 05:46 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                      >I am thinking of crossing the border (Lewiston, or Niagara Falls)
                      >occasionally if there is a rapier practice within a reasonable
                      >distance. Reasonable distance changes depending on if practice is on
                      >the weekend or a week night.
                      >Could anyone enlighten me as to what practices (and when) might be
                      >on your side of the border?
                      >Thanks
                      >Irene
                      >In AEthelmearc but willing to travel to visit practices occasionally

                      The closest I know is Hamilton on Monday nights, and they were in a
                      bit of a lull.

                      Eyrny
                    • Leslie Falzone
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                        I would love to but I am rusty as well, anyone else?

                        aibhilin

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                          At 05:58 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                          >...is that suppose to be fierce?

                          It's the best I can do over email

                          Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting people
                          off-kilter by grinning at them :o)

                          Eyrny
                        • Nicholas J. Corkigian
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 31, 2008
                            Hamilton is definitely in a bit of a lull, but we certainly welcome people
                            who want to come out and play with us. Because of our lull, practices are
                            only every other week during the winter months, so be sure to check our web
                            page to find out what day we're practicing.
                            http://ealdormere.ca/bendunfirth/Main.htm

                            -Nikolai

                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                              > Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting
                              > people
                              > off-kilter by grinning at them :o)
                              >
                              > Eyrny

                              Yes Indeedy!

                              Mateo

                              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                            • David Whitford
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                                Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                                Robert
                                (often accused of such)
                                wrote:

                                > At 05:58 PM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
                                > >...is that suppose to be fierce?
                                >
                                > It's the best I can do over email
                                >
                                > Besides, I've been told I do a better job of putting
                                > people
                                > off-kilter by grinning at them :o)

                                Be a better friend, newshound, and
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                                  At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                                  >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                                  >Robert
                                  >(often accused of such)

                                  It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right over.

                                  Eyrny
                                • David Whitford
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                                    I'll have to do some research on that
                                    (wonder if I can get a grant)
                                    wrote:

                                    > At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                                    > >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                                    > >Robert
                                    > >(often accused of such)
                                    >
                                    > It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right
                                    > over.

                                    Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                                  • Garry Campbell
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                                      Weebles wobble but they dont fall down!

                                      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Whitford <dbw6969@...> wrote:

                                      > I'll have to do some research on that
                                      > (wonder if I can get a grant)
                                      > --- Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                                      > wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > At 12:48 PM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
                                      > > >Really? hmm what if one is already off-kilter?
                                      > > >Robert
                                      > > >(often accused of such)
                                      > >
                                      > > It either brings you up-right, or knocks you right
                                      > > over.
                                      > >
                                      > > Eyrny

                                      > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                                    • David Whitford
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 1, 2008
                                        Oh good! Help on premise #1 to test

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 9, 2010

                                          I will be attending the Der Welfengau meeting this evening but I will not be
                                          brining my fencing gear. I'm getting over a tummy bug and I don't think
                                          fencing would be a good idea yet.

                                          Fencing will start up the following week. We are in room 315 of the
                                          Mackinnon building on the University of Guelph campus from 7:30 until 9:30.