RE: [E_Rapier] Silk Slippers and Crossed Swords (Long)

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
      I've just been given a revised scheduled by the Event Steward:

      Revised Schedule

      8:00 am Albrecht Arrives on site for set up

      9:00 am Site Opens, start of inspections for rapier

      10:00 am Bearpit Opens

      10:30 First Tourney - Single Rapier, Double Elimination

      ??:?? Second Tourney - Authentic Accoutrement, Single Elimination

      ??:?? Third Tourney - Teams of Two, Double Elimination

      ??:?? Fourth Tourney - Full Card Tourney

      ??:?? Fifth Tourney - Free For All Tourney(s)

      03:00 pm Bearpit Ends

      03:30 pm Final Tourney - Double Elimination to Three Counted Blows

      04:30 pm Clean up fencing area

      05:00 pm Court

      06:00 pm Pot Luck Feast followed by Clean up

      07:00 pm Moot/Grand Ball

      11:00 pm (?) Albrecht leaves site and collapses in a heap somewhere

      ___

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
        Excellent! I'll try to arrange a Comfy Chair for you.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
          No need for the chair...it's more comfortable to stand. But thanks for the
          thought.

          Cainder
          who may be able to put on armor before SS&CC but won't be up to fighting
          speed

          @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
          MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...

        • Anna B
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
            I expect that I will be there as well.. possibly looking for a fight or two, though very unlikely to actually be entering anytihng.

            This lack of actually entering anything will however mean that I should have plenty of time to help out with any marshalling duties that might be required.

            Not to mention that I am very much looking forward to seeing so many people I have not seen in a very very long time.

            R.

            PS Thrilled to hear you're on the mend Cainder!

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
              Well, there is a continuous bearpit so you can probably get in a few bouts.
              Thank you for the offer of help, it's greatly appreciated.

              From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com