Silk Slippers and Crossed Swords (Long)

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
      Greetings!

      Silk Slippers and Crossed Swords is rapidly approaching, the date for the
      event being February 16th, 2008. Some details for the event can be found
      here:

      http://dw.sca.gamv.ca/ssxs/

      This is the third annual SS&CS and hopefully there will be many more. As
      those of you who have attended in the past know I can promise you fencing,
      fencing and more fencing. Here is a tentative schedule for the day:

      8:00 am Albrecht Arrives on site for set up

      9:00 am Site Opens, start of inspections for rapier

      10:00 am Bearpit Opens

      10:30 First Tourney - Single Rapier, Double Elimination

      ??:?? Second Tourney - Authentic Accoutrement, Single Elimination

      ??:?? Third Tourney - Teams of Two, Double Elimination

      ??:?? Fourth Tourney - Full Card Tourney

      ??:?? Fifth Tourney - Free For All Tourney(s)

      03:00 pm Bearpit Ends

      03:30 pm Final Tourney - Double Elimination to Three Counted Blows

      04:30 pm Clean up fencing area

      05:00 pm Help Set up for Feast

      05:30 pm Pot Luck Feast followed by Clean up (?)

      07:00 pm Court (?)

      08:00 pm Moot/Grand Ball

      11:00 pm (?) Albrecht leaves site and collapses in a heap somewhere

      As you can see, I have a full day of rapier planned. As I may have mentioned
      before, it is absolutely vital that we have the area we are fencing in
      cleared out and cleaned up by 5 pm. This has to happen.

      Any help people can provide would be great. I especially need Marshal's to
      help watch the various lists and do inspections and people experienced with
      running lists for single and double elimination tourneys (that way I don't
      have to do it and you know it will be done right). If I can get enough help
      then I can rotate people out and they can play too. Please let me know off
      list if you can help out and if you have a particular tourney you would like
      to marshal. As before, if you are a Marshal in the bearpit line up, please
      relive the Marshal on the list and then you in turn will be relived by the
      next Marshal in line, though if you wish to continue Marshalling please feel
      free to do so. I'm willing to sign RMIT papers but only if I have the
      opportunity to see the RMIT in action, both inspecting and marshalling.

      If anyone has any questions on the tourney formats, please let me know.
      Also, please recall that this Silk Slippers & Crossed Swords is the Royal
      Rapier Tournament for this reign.

      A few notes:

      Due to time restrictions I'm not planning on running any authorizations. If
      there is a free list and you have the requisite Marshals, go ahead, but if
      the list is needed for the tourney you must give it up.

      If you wish to fight a bout using Cut & Thrust you are more than welcomed to
      as long as both opponents are authorized, properly armoured, and the Marshal
      of the list is made aware that you are using C&T.

      The feast is pot luck with a $6 fee for those not contributing food but
      still wishing to eat. If last year is anything to go by there will be very
      good food and lots of it.

      There will be a rapier moot with the KRM in attendance. I believe he has
      already posted the issues he wishes to address. If anyone else has rapier
      related issues, please bring them to the moot.

      I look forward to seeing you all there and I hope a good time is had by all.
      Again, if you have any questions about any aspect of the tourneys please
      feel free to contact me.

      Yours in Service

      THL Albrecht Stampfer
      RMIC, Silk Slippers & Crossed Swords
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
        As I'm still recovering from my surgery, I'll be happy to help marshall for
        the day.

        Count me in,
        Cainder

        @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
        MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
        Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
        @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
        hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
          I've just been given a revised scheduled by the Event Steward:

          Revised Schedule

          8:00 am Albrecht Arrives on site for set up

          9:00 am Site Opens, start of inspections for rapier

          10:00 am Bearpit Opens

          10:30 First Tourney - Single Rapier, Double Elimination

          ??:?? Second Tourney - Authentic Accoutrement, Single Elimination

          ??:?? Third Tourney - Teams of Two, Double Elimination

          ??:?? Fourth Tourney - Full Card Tourney

          ??:?? Fifth Tourney - Free For All Tourney(s)

          03:00 pm Bearpit Ends

          03:30 pm Final Tourney - Double Elimination to Three Counted Blows

          04:30 pm Clean up fencing area

          05:00 pm Court

          06:00 pm Pot Luck Feast followed by Clean up

          07:00 pm Moot/Grand Ball

          11:00 pm (?) Albrecht leaves site and collapses in a heap somewhere

          ___

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
            Excellent! I'll try to arrange a Comfy Chair for you.

            MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@sympatico. <mailto:kgarlow%40sympatico.ca> ca
            Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
            @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
            hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

            >From: "Eve Harris & David Stamper" <evedave1@rogers.
            <mailto:evedave1%40rogers.com> com>

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
              No need for the chair...it's more comfortable to stand. But thanks for the
              thought.

              Cainder
              who may be able to put on armor before SS&CC but won't be up to fighting
              speed

              @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

            • Anna B
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
                I expect that I will be there as well.. possibly looking for a fight or two, though very unlikely to actually be entering anytihng.

                This lack of actually entering anything will however mean that I should have plenty of time to help out with any marshalling duties that might be required.

                Not to mention that I am very much looking forward to seeing so many people I have not seen in a very very long time.

                R.

                PS Thrilled to hear you're on the mend Cainder!

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
                  Well, there is a continuous bearpit so you can probably get in a few bouts.
                  Thank you for the offer of help, it's greatly appreciated.

                  From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com