Rapier at Feast of the Hare

  • Ross Weaver
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007
      Post on behalf of THL Cristabell Wensleydale, MIC,

      Greetings unto all who plan to attend Feast of the Hare,

      I will be your Marshal in charge for the Rapier Tournament. In order
      to make the most of the day there are a couple of things you should
      know advance:

      We must be quick - The tournament is scheduled to start at 11am. Time
      and floor space are at a premium and we have the floor first. If you
      are able to arrive at 10 to help set up please do, any assistance is
      most welcome. If you can arrive dressed and ready to fence that will
      also help get things moving. The tournament format will be a
      round-robin, truncated to fit with in the time allowed. Every one will
      have an equal number of fights, (late arrivals will be allowed to join
      in, but not given catch-up fights).

      Grab a partner – Every combatant will need a "patron" who will not be
      fencing. Your patron's job will be to handle the money in hopes of
      winning a prize for you. When you sign up for the tournament your
      patron will be given a bag of coins with which to make wagers when you
      fight. The patron with the most coins at the end of the day will have
      won a beautiful fencing cloke for their combatant. In return for their
      hard work, the combatant who wins the most will have earned a special
      treasure chest for their patron.

      In order to plan accordingly there are a few things I would like to
      know in advance too:

      Looking to authorize? Please let me know in advance (by e-mail or
      phone). You will need to arrive early. We likely have time to run four
      authorizations before the tournament, as long as there are marshals
      ready to help out. Priority will be given to primary authorizations.

      Are you a Cadet or Scholar in the EAoD? If enough Cadets or enough
      Scholars will be present we will include one of the recently published
      Prizes in our day. So please let me know by phone or e-mail if you are
      a Cadet or Scholar planning to be at Hare.

      I look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it this year.

      Most Sincerely,

      THL Cristabell Wensleydale
      Free Scholar of the Ealdormere Academy of Defence