    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2007
      FYI...I haven't seen much posted to this list about this. There were a few
      of us discussing attending since they've been accomodating and hosting it so
      far north this year.

      Cainder

      Known World Academy of the Rapier 2007: Hotel Registration Deadline!
      Posted by: "Brighid MacCumhal" little_brighid@... little_brighid
      Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:35 am (PST)
      Seven Days! One scant week! A mere 168 hours (give or
      take)!

      That's how long you have before the deadline for
      getting a hotel room in the SCA block at Known World
      Academy of the Rapier is past (deadline: this Sunday -
      October 28). That is the fleeting window you have to
      still get in at the reserved rate (which is the same
      no matter how many people you shoe-horn into your
      room). Miss it, and you miss out on roll-out-of-bed
      access to morning classes, late night schmoozing in
      the hot tub with the instructors, easy elevator rides
      with all of you gear down to site, and even later
      night socializing with fellow rapier fighters from
      across the Known World (without needing a designated
      driver).

      You can register on-line via the KWAR web
      site(www.kwar2007.org), or if you don't trust that new
      fangled internet thingy to get your rooms, you can
      call the hotel yourself (again, information on the
      KWAR web site) � just be sure to tell them you are
      with the SCA Known World Academy of the Rapier.

      What? Can't remember what's happening at the event?
      Here's a quick refresher: classes, private and small
      group training sessions, historical weapons and armor
      from the Oakeshott Collection, Key Note Speaker: Don
      Puck One-Shoe, classes, free fighting, parties, cut
      and thrust practice, and more classes, all indoors,
      all on one site.

      We are still short of our minimum number of guaranteed
      rooms for the hotel, so if you have been planning on
      getting a room but haven't, please register. The
      sooner we reach the minimum booking number, the sooner
      you will stop hearing about it from us. Now isn't THAT
      worth it?

      See you all in November!

      The KWAR 2007 staff

      MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...