Silk Slippers & Crossed Swords

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2007

      I have been in communication with Their Majesties and it is their wish that
      the rapier events at SS&CS will constitute Their Rapier Royal Tourney for
      the current reign, much like the Rapier Tourney of Renown that was held
      during the reign Of King Edward the Red and Queen Rylyn. The format will
      remain essentially the same with 6 tourneys producing 8 victors who will
      then be in a final round. The all day bear pit will be back of course.

      For tourneys we have:

      The All You Can Fence Bearpit (2 top winners advance)
      The Single Rapier Tourney (Double Elimination)
      The Authentic Accoutrement Tourney (Single Elimination, number of lives
      determined by authenticity of garb/weapons)
      The Teams of Two Tourney (Winning Team advances)
      Full Card Tourney
      Free for All Tourney (Last fencer standing)
      The Final 8 (Double Elimination, 3 counted blows)

      If anybody has a suggestion for different tourney formats or any questions
      about the day please let me know. I will also pass along any updated
      information as I get it. As noted in pervious posts, the date for SS&CS is
      February 16th and there is a web site currently in the works.

      Yours in Service

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2007
        Also, if anybody wants to help out with the event could they please contact
        me? I'm looking for people to track the lists, especially the bearpit and
        for people to marshal the various lists during the day. If you can help out
        please let me know and I can schedule you in.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
          I'm willing to help out as you need a body.

          Mateo

          --- Eve Harris & David Stamper <evedave1@...>

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
            From Gerrard: I may have two lovely " tag along's " They helped with the list last year and one twice.
            Haven't had time to ask them.............

            Subject: RE: [E_Rapier] Silk Slippers & Crossed Swords

            .