AEthelmearc Rapier Academy

  • Wendy Colbert
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
      The Barony of Thescorre is pleased to announce the return of the Rapier Academy! Join us on Saturday, November 17th 2007 at the breathtaking Main Street Armory (900 E. Main St. Rochester NY 14605) for a day of learning, fighting, comaradie and fun! The site will be open from 9am until 9pm, with first classes beginning at 10am. The site has limited handicapped accessibility, it is extremely wet, and there will be designated areas for smoking.

      A variety of classes will be offered, ranging from topics in Historical Combat, Leadership and Melee tactics, Tournament Fighting, Arts & Sciences in the world of Rapier, and to round out the day a grand melee in the Armory’s 34,000 sq. ft arena!

      The Autocrat for this event is Dona Alessandra Bentivegna da Faenza, called Yasmina, (Angelique Armstrong * 271 Pearl St. Rochester, NY 14607 * 585-244-9747 * RapierAcademy_Autocrat@...)

      The Chancellor of Classes for the event is Master Ian Muir (Ben Cooper - RapierAcademy_Chancellor@...). If you are interested in teaching a class, please contact Master Ian as soon as possible so that he can schedule it in the appropriate track.

      While this event will not be featuring a feast, attendees are invited to partake of an evening of fine dining at the restaurant located on the first floor of the Armory. The owner has graciously agreed to a special event pricing for your meals. As well, concession stands will be opened throughout the afternoon in the arena.

      Merchants are invited to attend and showcase your wares. There is plenty of space available, and there is no Merchanting Fee to pay. If you are in need of tables they are available for $5 each. If you are interested in merchanting please contact the Autocrat at the email address listed above.

      Reservations are appreciated but not necessary. The reservations clerk is Baroness Roberta McMorland (Pam McDermott * 196 Henrietta Street, Rochester, NY 14620 * 585-442-2993 * RapierAcademy_Reservations@...). The site fees for the day are as follows: Adults: $10.00, Youth (6 – 17yrs): $5.00, 5yrs and under: Free. Adult Non-members and those without proof of membership will be also be charged the $3 Non-Member Surcharge at the door. Please make checks payable to “SCA, Inc – Barony of Thescorre” (please do not include $3.00 NMS with reservation).

      Visit the Event website at www.thescorre.org/calendar/events/rapier_academy.htm for information on classes, lodging, directions, and more. Site will be updated regularly as the event draws near.

      Directions:

      From points WEST of Rochester: Find your best Route to I-90 E. Take I-90 E to EXIT #47 (Rochester/Leroy). Take I-490 E into the city. Take left hand exit onto EXIT #13/INNER LOOP. Continue on Inner Loop to left hand exit for Main St. Turn Left onto Main St. approx ½ mile. Armory will be on your left (look for SCA signs)

      From points EAST of Rochester: Find your best Route to I-90 W. Take I-90 W to EXIT #45 (Rochester/Victor). Take I-490 W into the city. Take EXIT #20/UNIVERSITY AVE towards Winton Rd. Go approx 2 miles. Turn RIGHT onto N. Goodman St, **continue on N. Goodman St. through where it changes to Circle St and intersects with E. Main St (you will be on a bridge, there will be a railyard below on your right). Turn LEFT onto E. Main St, the Armory will be at the bottom of the bridge on your right (look for SCA Signs)

      From points SOUTH of Rochester: Find your best route to I-390 N. Take I-390 N to EXIT #15/I-590 N. Take I-590 N to EXIT #5/I-490W towards Downtown . Take EXIT #18/ROUTE 31 MONROE AVE. Turn RIGHT onto Monroe Ave and continue for approx ½ mile. Turn RIGHT onto N. Goodman St, follow from **
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2007
        On 10/9/07, Wendy Colbert <rapierlady@...> wrote:
        > A variety of classes will be offered, ranging from topics in Historical Combat, Leadership
        > and Melee tactics, Tournament Fighting, Arts & Sciences in the world of Rapier, and to
        > round out the day a grand melee in the Armory's 34,000 sq. ft arena!

        For anyone who is interested, I'll be one of the instructors, giving a
        class on Pallas Armata.

        --Giovanni
      • Anna B
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2007
          I must have missed the original posting. When and where exactly will this be taking place?

          Thanks!
          Rusalka

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2007
            www.thescorre.org/calendar/events/rapier_academy.htm

            I believe it is the same weekend as Kingdom A&S

            --j