Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Won't be attending Season of the Wolf

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
      On 9/14/07, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:
      > <pout> Will you be well enough for fencing at Coronation next weekend?
      > Who else will be at Coronation?

      I don' t know who else will be there, but I definitely will.

      --j
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
        From Gerrard: Myself and
        Tita Batini / Batholomew Tailyour //This is one person

        Bring bandages !! ( It's the fencing theme )

        From Nathaniel Cardiff RMIC

        Here is the tourney format I want to run. I came up with it following a
        tactical first aid course...

        It's a Last Man Standing round-robin, with a few twists.

        1) The bouts are all to first blood;

        2) Whenever a killing blow is dealt, a coin is flipped. Heads the victim
        lives, tail the victim dies. (to simulate more realistic casualties from
        these injuries)

        3) Wounds are counted but NOT retained. At 5 wounds, the fencer will die
        from shoc k/blood loss/trauma/etc

        4) Any visible attempt at "patching" wounds will erase a max of 2 wounds
        from the fencer. (ie: bandaging w/ a scarf, etc)

        5) Last man standing wins.

        > <pout> Will you be well enough for fencing at Coronation next weekend?
        > Who else will be at Coronation?

        I don' t know who else will be there, but I definitely will.

        --j

      • Brian & Danute Dorion
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
          Whatever happened to the days of a normal, regular tourney? You know, a
          standard double elim or even round robin. Fight, die. Nothing fancy or
          complicated or bizarre. Just fencers. Mano a mano with the skill of
          their blade the determining factor.

          Alyce

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15, 2007
            I believe the Coronation format is one on one.
            *** once youve been fencing for a long time new themes are .... good .... !! Just my thoughts.
            See you at Wolf / Gerrard