Re: [E_Rapier] Won't be attending Season of the Wolf

  • Anna B
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
      Dissapointent indeed!

      However, I can sympathize as well since I was doing my own version of the Hunchback not that long ago.

      Baby your back, rest as much as you can and take care of you.

      Looking forward to crossing blades another time..
      Rusalka

      John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      I'm sorry to say I pulled my back and so I won't be coming to Season
      of the wolf this weekend. For those of you who were looking forward to
      seeing and/or fencing me I'm sorry. I'll try and be more careful with
      my back next time. For those of you who were not, rest assured I'll be
      hobbling around like Quasimodo for your mental amusement.

      With Disappointment,

      Giovanni/John

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
        On 9/14/07, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:
        > <pout> Will you be well enough for fencing at Coronation next weekend?
        > Who else will be at Coronation?

        I don' t know who else will be there, but I definitely will.

        --j
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
          From Gerrard: Myself and
          Tita Batini / Batholomew Tailyour //This is one person

          Bring bandages !! ( It's the fencing theme )

          From Nathaniel Cardiff RMIC

          Here is the tourney format I want to run. I came up with it following a
          tactical first aid course...

          It's a Last Man Standing round-robin, with a few twists.

          1) The bouts are all to first blood;

          2) Whenever a killing blow is dealt, a coin is flipped. Heads the victim
          lives, tail the victim dies. (to simulate more realistic casualties from
          these injuries)

          3) Wounds are counted but NOT retained. At 5 wounds, the fencer will die
          from shoc k/blood loss/trauma/etc

          4) Any visible attempt at "patching" wounds will erase a max of 2 wounds
          from the fencer. (ie: bandaging w/ a scarf, etc)

          5) Last man standing wins.

          > <pout> Will you be well enough for fencing at Coronation next weekend?
          > Who else will be at Coronation?

          I don' t know who else will be there, but I definitely will.

          --j

        • Brian & Danute Dorion
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
            Whatever happened to the days of a normal, regular tourney? You know, a
            standard double elim or even round robin. Fight, die. Nothing fancy or
            complicated or bizarre. Just fencers. Mano a mano with the skill of
            their blade the determining factor.

            Alyce

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2007
              I believe the Coronation format is one on one.
              *** once youve been fencing for a long time new themes are .... good .... !! Just my thoughts.
              See you at Wolf / Gerrard