A call for prospective Events to hold a Rapier Moot

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2007
      Greetings Everyone,

      As mentioned earlier in the year a few times, I would
      like to hole a Rapier Moot for our Kingdom. As such,
      I would ask for any RMiC's of upcoming events to
      contact me if they are willing to have this Moot at
      the Event. What we will need is an area large enough
      to accomodate what I hope is a number of people
      attending the Moot. The List Field is a good enough
      place, just need the time set aside in your tourney
      schedule. Please contact me offlist if you are
      interested.

      The Agenda so far is as follows. Contact me if you
      would like to add a topic to the list below:
      1) Engaging a sitting combatant -- should re-institute
      the 180 or 120 degree engagment limitation in our
      Kingdom Rules
      2) Clarification of Groin puncture resistant armour --
      does the groin include the inside thigh, or just the
      genital area? Should we tighten up the wording for
      our Kingdom Rules or are we happy with the existing
      wording?
      3) Tip Cuts: Note #1 in our current rules states:
      "1. The Corporation allows Kingdoms to determine the
      validity of tip cuts. In Ealdormere, tip cuts are
      accepted at the discretion of the combatant receiving
      the blow."
      I propose that this note be directly referenced in
      section 4.0 "Acknowledgement of Blows" as Notes #2 and
      #3 have be directly referenced for clarity.
      4) MiT and CiT training process, specifically does
      the RMiC have to directly supervise and sign the
      RMiT/RCiT's form?

      NOTE: Any changes to Kingdom Rapier rules and/or
      procedures require approval from the Rapier Populace,
      Kingdom Rapier Marshal, Kingdom Earl Marshal & Society
      Rapier Marshal, and Privy Council in that order. ANY
      CHANGE TO EALDORMERE'S RULES OR PROCEDURES IS LEGAL
      *ONLY* IF APPROVED BY PRIVY COUNCIL IN A PRIVY COUNCIL
      MEETING.

      In Service,

      Senor Mateo de Merida

      Kingdom Rapier Marshal for Ealdormere
      Scholar of the EAoD

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
        So far we have SSXS as a possible ?
        Any others ??

      • Ross Weaver
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
          I have asked the autocrat of Feast of the Hare if it would be okay for us to
          separate off some space for it, but they have yet to get back to me.

          ~Wilhelm