Pennsic stories?

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2007
      For those of us forced to live vicariously...

      Would it be possible to request a couple of tales of the fencing at Pennsic?
      How did it go?

      Cainder
      sidelined till October...

      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
      Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.
    • Nicholas J. Corkigian
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2007
        Alas, no tales from me. The two days that I was planning to go fencing,
        they were both rained out. It wasn't until afterwards that I found out that
        those battles had been rescheduled for the following days.

        -Nikolai

        For those of us forced to live vicariously...

        > Would it be possible to request a couple of tales of the fencing at
        > Pennsic?
        > How did it go?
        >
        > Cainder
        > sidelined till October...
        >

        > .

      • Catherine of Eoforwic
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 23, 2007

          While this isn't in final form quite yet (I'm planning on
          a few tweaks for meter purposes, and possibly some additonal
          verses), this gives some idea of the rescheduled woods battle:

          Alamo Woods

          Remember the Alamo,
          Remember the East,
          And recall the Wood's slaughter,
          Where ravens now feast.

          Remember the valiant,
          The heroes who fell,
          With sworn honour their watchword,
          Of them stories tell.

          Remember the five banners,
          Control to be won,
          For to guard and to hold them,
          Our job to be done.

          Remember the endless foe,
          'Gainst poor counted few,
          The dark woods that ran blood-red,
          O'er allies of Blue.

          Remember the battlelines,
          We swore to cross,
          Remember the cunning plans,
          Despite which, we lost.

          Remember now your lessons,
          When racing to fight,
          One blade 'gainst two case will fall,
          Few Blue 'gainst Red's might.

          Remember to guard behind,
          'Gainst tricksters in red,
          For quiet and subtle find,
          One's comrades all dead.

          Remember the King's strong words,
          "Stories will be told!"
          Of those who fought and died there,
          The few, brave and bold.

          Remember the Alamo!
          Remember the East!

          © August 2007 Catherine of Eoforwic
          (mka Robyn Patricia Bennett)

          In Service,

          Catherine

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 24, 2007
            That was lovely! I erm...take it that we lost, eh? *grin*

            Cainder

            @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 24, 2007
              " a few tweaks for meter purposes " ... Wow you might want to use a larger font .......... hard to imagine a poem a meter long ....

              Just kidding !! ... nicely done !

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 30, 2007
                Greetings,

                --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "thltoymaker" <thltoymaker@...>
                wrote:

                <<" a few tweaks for meter purposes " ... Wow you might
                want to use a larger font .......... hard to imagine a
                poem a meter long ....>>

                Well, in absence of a larger font, and avoiding the temptation
                to put each word on its own line to make the poem reach a meter
                in length, I have added to it a little - which might help the
                meter issue!:

                Alamo Woods

                Remember the Alamo,
                Remember the East,
                And recall the Wood's slaughter,
                Where ravens now feast.

                Remember the valiant,
                The heroes who fell,
                With sworn honour their watchword,
                Of them stories tell.

                Remember the five banners,
                Control to be won,
                For to guard and to hold them,
                Our job to be done.

                Remember the endless foe,
                'Gainst poor counted few,
                The dark woods that ran blood-red,
                O'er allies of blue.

                Remember the battlelines,
                We swore to cross,
                Remember the cunning plans,
                Despite which, we lost.

                Remember now the allies,
                Deep in stillness met,
                Few words, few breaths, melee paused,
                Rise to fight on yet.

                Remember now your lessons,
                When racing to fight,
                One blade 'gainst two case will fall,
                Few Blue 'gainst Red's might.

                Remember to guard behind,
                'Gainst tricksters in red,
                For quiet and subtle find,
                One's comrades all dead.

                Remember the Eastern King,
                Retinue all slain,
                Stealthily alone he fought,
                Glory his to gain.

                Remember the King's strong words,
                "Stories will be told!"
                Of those who fought and died there,
                The few, brave and bold.

                Remember the Alamo!
                Remember the East!

                © August 2007 Catherine of Eoforwic (mka Robyn Patricia Bennett)

                <<Just kidding !! ... nicely done !>>

                Thanks!

                In Service,

                Catherine