EAOD at Season of the Wolf XV

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 18, 2007
      From Gerrard: Since the March of Saint Martin is renting the entire facility there will be plenty of space for fencing . First list will have the Royal requirement of Saxons vs. Normans plus additional fun stuff.
      The other will hold EAOD ( enough for 3-4 hours of fencing )

      So submit your request now!
      Plus make your scarf ! Or have some nice person make it .

    • Anna B
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 18, 2007
        Mmmmmm... I'd love to play for my next EAoD prize, but I am going to be nowhere near ready... although a shiny new green scarf would be really pretty..

        BTW, when is Season of the Wolf?

        Rusalka, who is too lazy to check the calendar for herself

        From Gerrard: Since the March of Saint Martin is renting the entire facility there will be plenty of space for fencing . First list will have the Royal requirement of Saxons vs. Normans plus additional fun stuff.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 18, 2007
          The March of St. Martin is pleased to present
          Season of the Wolf XV
          September 15, 2007
          Brooke Alvinston Inwood Community Center Complex
          3310 Walnut St. Alvinston, Ontario
          Site opens 9:30 am and closes 11:00 pm
          A Change of Seasons

          Following the positive experience and response to Fall Coronation 2006, Season of the Wolf is now an Autumn event.

          Activities

          Court may be held at the pleasure of Their Majesties.

          Martial Activities
          Heavy Weapons authorizations and Tournaments: Sir Kasimir of Stargard

          Rapier Tournament and EAOD: Lord Maeven of Greensleeves

          Youth Combat: Lady Selwyn of the Wood

          Thrown Weapons*: Lord Aodhan of Greensleeves

          Archery*: Lord Edmund de la Haye

          * weather permitting

          Fees

          Site
          Adult: $6.00
          age 9-14: $4.00
          under 9: free

          Adult non-members (18 and over) add $4 surcharge
          Feast
          A lunch tavern will be available

          Places for 80 Folk are available for Evening Feast
          $14.00

          A Children's Feast is offered for $7.00

          Feast prices may be subject to change

          Cheques may be made payable to "SCA - March of St. Martin"
          All amounts in Canadian Dollars; please inquire before sending US Funds.

          Wet Site (Ontario Liquor Laws apply: no B.Y.O.B.)

          Event Stewards

          General Inquiries
          Lady Adelle Bicknell
          Kathryn Halliday
          (519) 845-3703

          Merchant Liason
          Lord Aodhan of Greensleeves
          Michael Hillier
          (519) 542-9448

          Space for 10 tables is available
          Feast and Reservations
          Lady Cassandra Cresswell
          Patti Rollo
          (519) 344-4802

          Please make inquiries and requests concerning dietary restrictions before September

          Directions

          Look at the Southern Ontario Roadmaps (.pdf format)

          Google Map it!

          Point your GPS to N42 49'31.3" W081 51'54.3"

          From the West (and the Middle, and...): Take best route to Port Huron MI, and the Bluewater Bridges, continue on hwy 402 to Exit 44 (hwy 79/Nauvoo Road) south heading towards Watford. Continue to Alvinston.

          From the East: take best route to hwy 401 to hwy 402 (London). Take 402 to Exit 44. Continue south on 79 to Alvinston.

          From Detroit & Windsor: follow 401 to the Ridgetown (Victoria Road) exit. Head north (over the overpass) to Thamesville. At main intersection turn right onto Longwoods Road (hwy 2). Turn left at W. Bothwell Road (road 16/hwy 79). 79 will jog to the left, then to the right. Continue on 79 to Alvinston.

          The site is close to the northern edge of town, to the east of the 79. SCA signs will be posted in Alvinston.

          Please direct any corrections, inquiries or concerns to the Web Minister

          Trouble navigating? Return to St. Martin's

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
            would there be time and space to run part of a Melee course?
            Just asking... Id like to try and get melee training a bit more out there so that this time next
            year we have a much better understanding before people head off to Pensic.

            Gareth
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
              That's it, Season of the Wolf just has to move to a 2 day format next year!
              We just want to do too much and it's such a great event we can't get enough.

              Surely to goodness with all that space there, they wouldn't mind us
              primitive camping for a couple of nights...

              Cainder
              thinking wishfully again.

              @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
              MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
              Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
              @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
              hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

              >From: "Garry Campbell" <gareth.rapier@...>
              >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: EAOD at Season of the Wolf XV
              >Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:01:44 -0000
              >
              >would there be time and space to run part of a Melee course?
              >Just asking... Id like to try and get melee training a bit more out there
              >so that this time next
              >year we have a much better understanding before people head off to Pensic.
              >
              >Gareth

            • Aaron Gormanshaw
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
                Who is the Ealdormere rapier "commander" (or whatever applicable title there is) for Pennsic this year?

                Hoskuld

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
                  If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to have been Diego, since he won TRM tourney.

                  Which is why I was asking if he will be able to fence as a result of his shoulder. I don't know what TRM are going to do if Diego can't fence.

                  Rusalka

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
                    At 03:43 PM 7/20/2007, you wrote:
                    >Who is the Ealdormere rapier "commander" (or whatever applicable
                    >title there is) for Pennsic this year?

                    Diego

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
                      At 04:04 PM 7/20/2007, you wrote:
                      >If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to have been Diego, since he won
                      >TRM tourney.
                      >
                      > Which is why I was asking if he will be able to fence as a result
                      > of his shoulder. I don't know what TRM are going to do if Diego can't fence.

                      Pick another. We may need more than one submission for the
                      Champion's battle anyways, last I heard the East was low on allies
                      with many rapier fighters.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
                        t Season of the Wolf XV
                        From Gerrard : Weather permitting we would have tons oh sapce / as fo inside we are sharing it with boffer and heavies so ??

                        would there be time and space to run part of a Melee course?
                        Just asking... Id like to try and get melee training a bit more out there so that this time next
                        year we have a much better understanding before people head off to Pensic.

                        Gareth

                        .
                        Visit Your Group
                        a.. Rapier
                        b.. Rapier sword
                        c.. Recreation
                        d.. Outdoor recreation
                        e.. Recreation equipment
                        Health Zone
                        Look your best!

                        Groups to help you

                        look & feel great.

                        Yahoo! 360°
                        Get Started

                        Create your page

                        Share your life

                        Moderator Central
                        Get answers to

                        your questions about

                        running Y! Groups.
                        .

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 20, 2007
                          From Gerrard : Hmmm I like that idea.. let me work on that ! Season of the Wolf XVI ( A.K.U. ) Camping included ?

                          That's it, Season of the Wolf just has to move to a 2 day format next year!
                          We just want to do too much and it's such a great event we can't get enough.

                          Surely to goodness with all that space there, they wouldn't mind us
                          primitive camping for a couple of nights...

                          Cainder
                          thinking wishfully again.

                          @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                          MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
                          Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
                          @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                          hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

                          >From: "Garry Campbell" <gareth.rapier@...>
                          >To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: EAOD at Season of the Wolf XV
                          >Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:01:44 -0000
                          >
                          >would there be time and space to run part of a Melee course?
                          >Just asking... Id like to try and get melee training a bit more out there
                          >so that this time next
                          >year we have a much better understanding before people head off to Pensic.
                          >
                          >Gareth

                        • Ross Weaver
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 21, 2007
                            The East can always use good Schlauger fighters. Their people are still
                            primarily Epee fighters, so most Ealdormerians who have been arround a few
                            years have as much experience as some of their top people at schlauger.

                            ~Wilhelm

                            On 7/20/07, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:

                            > At 04:04 PM 7/20/2007, you wrote:
                            > >If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to have been Diego, since he won
                            > >TRM tourney.
                            > >
                            > > Which is why I was asking if he will be able to fence as a result
                            > > of his shoulder. I don't know what TRM are going to do if Diego can't
                            > fence.
                            >
                            > Pick another. We may need more than one submission for the
                            > Champion's battle anyways, last I heard the East was low on allies
                            > with many rapier fighters.

                          • Brokk
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 22, 2007
                              Things have changed in the last few years. Most advanced fencers
                              rarely pick up epee anymore. When I go to events and watch fencing,
                              90% of it is schlager and it's only the newer folks using epee, if
                              then. I mourn the loss of it, but with all the other kingdoms and
                              Pennsic being almost exclusively schlager, it was inevitable.

                              Brokk...

                              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Ross Weaver" <ross.weaver@...>