Re: Visit to Ealdormere

  • Yvonne Rogers
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 15, 2007
      Hi Brokk,

      This afternoon's Eoforwic practice was fun. I hope you are abole to
      visit with other cantons

      THL Albrecht,
      Please post the address of your practice for Tuesday?

      Cheers,
      Jocelyne

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007

        Here is a link to a map of the area and the park we are fencing in:

        http://tinyurl.com/2wle7e

        We’re on the other side of the river from where we used to fence.

        Practice Details:

        The practice takes place in Riverside Park, near the corner of Speedvale Ave
        E and Riverview
        Dr, behind the fire hall. Practices start at 7 pm and goes until we run out
        of light. Practices are weather permitting so if it’s raining in the Guelph
        area the practice will be cancelled. We normally check things at around 5 pm
        and decide then whether or not to call the practice. I will post to the
        rapier list as soon as I know. Currently there is no rain forecast for this
        evening so things are looking good. This would be a great opportunity for
        local fencers to come out and play with someone new and have the extra added
        bonus of getting to beat up on Albrecht.

        See you there.

        "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

        > I plan to make a number of the practices. I'll be bringing my
        toys
        > and I look forward to getting out and scraping the rust of my
        > fencing skills.
        >
        > I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
        > on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive
        > make it there. I believe I've been to practices there once or
        twice
        > in the past. I hope to make it to all the practices and I'll
        > contact the people you listed to let them know my plans.
        >
        > Thank you both very much for all the information.
        >
        > Brokk...
        >
        > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Eve
        Harris & David Stamper"

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007
          Sorry, that should be no rain for tomorrow evening, though there is a chance
          of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hopefully things will be cleared out by 7
          pm.

          From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com

          <http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/> o.ca/Eoforwic/>
          o.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers.
          > There is also
          > > a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I'm
          not
          > sure of
          > > its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT
          rogers.com)
          > for
          > > details.
          > >

          > > There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in
          > Bryniau
          > > Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I'm
          > not sure
          > > how many fencers they have coming out. I'd contact Baroness Eyrny
          > > (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.
          > >

          > > Again, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope
          you
          > can come
          > > out and play with us in Ealdormere.
          > >

          > > Yours in Service
          > >

          > > Albrecht
          > >
          > > GRM, Der Welfengau
          > >

          > > _____
          > >
          > > From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
          > > Is there a more appropriate place to look for this information? I
          > > really would like to come play with you folks while I'm in
          town...

          > > Brokk...
          > >
          > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com>
          > s.com,
          > > "Brokk" <brokk@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to
          get
          > > > information about any practices happening during that time
          > anywhere
          > > > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information
          > and
          > > > directions?
          > > >
          > > > Brokk...

        • Brokk
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
            Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?

            Brokk...

            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
              Well, it's currently sunny, but the forecast is definitely mixed. If
              it rains tonight, practise will be cancelled. If you want to give me
              a phone number, I can call you tonight with the latest news.

              Eyrny

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                I guess there’s no chance of switching back to Scholar’s Hall for the
                evening?

                At 09:32 AM 7/19/2007, you wrote:
                >Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?
                >
                >Brokk...
                >
                >--- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
                Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                >wrote:
                > >
                > > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
                > > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                > > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
                > >
                > > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
                > > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
                > > http://www.treheima
                <http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html>
                .ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html

                > > Eyrny
                > >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Brokk
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 22, 2007
                  I look forward to practice again today, but I have plans before hand
                  so I will likely be running late. So don't expect me until at least
                  2:30, or maybe 3pm.

                  Brokk...

                  --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne Rogers" <tamlin_01@...>